Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs
Tarpon Inn(Tarpon Springs)
$60
Quality Inn & Suites(Tarpon Springs)(Great Value!)
$67
Tarpon Shores Inn(Tarpon Springs)
$65
$77
$61
$62
QualityInn
All reviewssponge docksbusy highwaypalm harborcomplimentary breakfastroad noisethe breakfast arearoom was cleanbreakfast stafffresh fruitvery nice staywe've stayedwould stay here againshort drivegreat place to stayconvenient locationnice poolking bed
Reviewed May 22, 2013

There are few brand-name hotels in this area. This one appears to be the best-maintained and most busy. Their prices are the highest I have ever paid at a Hampton Inn. The TV remote and telephone were sticky and grimy (really gross) when I arrived, so I scrubbed them with disinfectant wipes. Otherwise, my room was clean and comfortable, as I expect from Hampton Inns. Pleasant staff, well-stocked and clean breakfast buffet, coin laundry, computer for guest use in the lobby. In-room Wi-Fi worked well for checking emails on my computer.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to the highway, it is not set back very far from the road. On each floor, rooms 1-9 face busy Hwy 19 with constant traffic noise. If you keep windows closed and set the ventilation unit on Auto Cool or Auto Heat, then the constant hum of ventilation drowns out the highway noise. If you prefer open windows, then avoid 1-9. Rooms 10 and 11 are by the ice maker/soda machine; avoid if you want quiet, as the ice maker seems to run water loudly at all hours. Rooms 12 and higher face the parking lot. If your reservation includes specific requests, phone to confirm your requests before you arrive. Front desk staff did not even read my reservation requests, so they assigned me to a room that was exactly where I requested NOT to be! When I complained, they reassigned me immediately. This hotel seems to be the best in the immediate area, but it fell short of my previous Hampton Inn experiences: high price, grimy TV remote and phone, front desk staff that did not even bother to read reservation preference requests. Despite the shortcomings, I would stay here again because it appears to be better than the nearby alternatives.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend getaway to Tarpon Springs. It's a typical Hampton Inn which speaks for itself. Most of the other motels in the area look pretty run down and we've stayed in a few of those. Sometimes it's better to spend a little more to get something decent. It's close to the Tarpon Springs historical district, has a small swimming pool, and a very excellent breakfast. Check in was a breeze and the room was quiet except for when folks were talking and walking down the hall.

Room Tip: Highway 19 is quite loud but we asked for a room in the back and didn't hear any traffic at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I spend a week in Tarpon Springs, Florida to attend a family reunion. Our stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites was absolutely great. The suite was spotless and the quality of services was excellent. The Asst. Gen'l Mgr, Doreen Saccardo, and her staff are very courteous and efficient. The complimentary breakfast is very good indeed in both variety and quality. Well worth recommending. Pascal & Carol

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night. The Hampton Inns are always a good place to stay. Clean, roomy, friendly staff. This particular room could've used a bit of "freshening up" though. Wallpaper was peeling in spots, some grout work was in need of repair and the toilet flushed verrryyy slowly.
But, I have one major complaint on the breakfast. i know it's just the usual complementary hotel type and not to raise one's hopes, but really...POWDERED SCRAMBLED EGGS? Seriously, this is not the army. I haven't seen these in a very long time.
I will be returning to the hotel many times as I always have business in the area. Let's just hope they fix the breakfast just a tad.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Skip Z
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Not many good places to stay in area. Chose this hotel due to the reviews and the location. Clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was very friendly. Gave us a map with wonderful directions to the sponge docks. Breakfast was large and very good. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family