Open today: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Captain crew worked hard but limited success.

Reviewed August 10, 2017
John O
The Villages, Florida
Great Day Fishing

Reviewed May 30, 2017
2_4SXM
Land O Lakes, Florida

All reviews two georges grouper gulf of mexico grunt filleted crew rods boat blast
Reviewed July 12, 2018

Not a memorable outing! When I asked one of the mates (a young kid) about there being too many people on the boat his reply was "you should be happy that there aren't more people...we can handle another 40-50 people on this boat.' When you dropped your line in the water it was immediately tangled with several other folks. I spent three quarters of my day untangling lines rather than catching fish. Unless you are a "regular" or someone who brings their own spinning reel do not go on this boat. It's a waste of time and money!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Each summer we travel from St. Louis to Florida beaches. Each year we go deep sea fishing and catch many fish. Not this time. One crew member was very helpful and the trip was affordable, but the experience was very disappointing. After the usual 1.5 hour trip out we stopped to fish with no success. The captain moved the boat, still no success. We moved again, nothing. We spent more time looking for fish than we actually spent fishing. After eight hours and 20-25 customers, three fish were returned to shore. My family of three had nothing. We did enjoy the boat ride and views of the ocean though.

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Had a really great time on our trip. The staff was friendly, helpful and quick to act if there when there was a problem with my rod. We caught a bunch of fish and were very pleased. Definitely will book with them again.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

The back of the boat was claimed by off duty crew/family members before anyone could get on boat. Stopped to grab pots of fresh bait fish for The Greek & company. They had own gear with slider weights & were allowed to cast out while no one else was. You have to cut your own sardines & retrieve squid & pin fish yourself. That was the deal breaker! Greek & co. were only ones to catch keeper groupers. If you crazy about grunts they will put you on those. You have to bring own gear or save your big fish entry money. Will not be back!!!

3  Thank _slbgarner72
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Drove two hours to fish the Two Georges in Tarpon Springs. The weather was very warm, high humidity and slow fishing. To credit the captain we fished just after a full moon which usually results in slow to poor fishing. We did catch a wide array from gag and red grouper, to a fair amount of small to medium size grunts.
Knowing all this I will return waiting till fall when the air temps and water has to cool off a bit!
My only complaint would be allowing a passenger to "hog" two fishing spots while using dacron fishing line on two different rods, which most party boats is a no no, both mates did witness but did nothing about it!
The food and beverages were very good and reasonably priced!

1  Thank John O
Reviewed July 9, 2017

I've used this company in the past and have loved them but I found out the hard way they are under new ownership. Here are the highlights of my trip:

-Spent 3 of the 8 hours fishing. The rest of the time was used to drive to and from the dock.

- Captain setup his family to catch their max red snapper. Once that happened they moved us to go fish for grunt.

-The family was very vocal about making sure the boat knew they were setting their group over the fishing hole and wasn't concerned that no on else caught much of anything.

-Got yelled at because I had the wrong rigging on the pole they provided me...

-They do a $5 buy-in for the biggest fish. The captain owns the boat and takes 20% of the pot for himself. One of his family members would have won the pot since they were they only ones pulling up anything big enough to win.

If you take a tour from them I would make sure they aren't at the 90 person max (we were at 89) too many tangled lines. And check to see if the family are on board because if they are you are going to spend $70 to take them out for a day of fishing.

5  Thank Ali M
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Having been on this and recommended this boat for almost ten years this is now a nightmare. Great for the family and friends the captain brings aboard but the paying customers catch little or nothing. Crossed lines everywhere and too over crowded. Save your money and buy your fish at your local market. The previous owner/ captain was the best.

8  Thank kgrif0581
Reviewed May 30, 2017

Took my son and his friend out fishing for the day. Weather was good, but it was a bit choppy due to storms in gulf. Great instruction and caring staff. We had fun, but I did get nauseous several times (odd for a diver), but my son and his friend had a blast. They got several grunt fish between the two of them, staff cleaned and filleted them, and we took home 14 fish. Several folks on board got grouper, but not being in season, they went back in the water. About 50 or so people on board for the day. We'll go again as it was a great family activity with just the "guys". Wife deep-fried the fish and they were all eaten within 10-minutes. Wow!!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

A great day out in the Gulf of Mexico deep sea fishing, quite reasonable catches of fish but the best, red snappers, had to be returned as out of season for a further ten days. The boat was good the crew very helpful, perhaps the only downer in the whole thing was it was almost impossible to understand what was being said over the tannoy.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Small Fish, nothing special! Most people were sick from the boats pitch. Captain didn't really care nor did he try to take use to the Grouper or Red Snapper. What we caught you can catch if you kayak 200 yards off shore. Save your money!

1  Thank lepikjl