Tarpon Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs(Tarpon Springs)(Great Value!)
$109
Quality Inn & Suites(Tarpon Springs)(Great Value!)
$67
QualityInn
Tarpon Shores Inn(Tarpon Springs)
$65
$77
$61
$62
QualityInn
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Upon approaching the Tarpon Inn, we thought it would be a really nice place to stay. However, upon entering our room on the ground floor (no balcony as listed on the website), we were totally shocked at the condition of the room. The woodwork was rotting and in horrible condition. The tile floor left your feet dirty if you walked barefoot, and there was some sticky stuff on the floor by the nightstand. It was impossible to get hot water in the shower no matter how long it ran. The ice machine outside the mgr's door was coin operated, but did not indicate how much money. After inserting 2 quarters and getting nothing, I gave up. You had to ring and wait for the manager to appear. My friend and I were the only ones staying at the Inn with a car. A couple of others had bicycles tied up outside their room. The pool was moderately clean, but there were no lounge chairs and only 2 cement tables with benches. The towels should have been tossed long ago. They were dingy, small and definitely not thirsty.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Charleen M
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Floors and walls were disgusting! Mold on the ceiling of shower! Mold on shower curtains with bugs! Broken a/c! Dirty towels! Never again will I stay at that dump! No staff, except supposedly homeless lady who cleans the room for 3dollars a room! We didn't even sleep under the covers! The city officials need to shut it down! It's going against all health regulations!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Candy91193
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Are the local City officials aware of this hazardous dump? My room was foull, towels and sheets where never changed from previous guests. The room had left over balloonns and trash. This place should be CONDEMNED....:(

Room Tip: RUN to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Vickie G
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I LOVE to go out to the Tarpon Springs area. We always have fun walking around on the Sponge Docks and eating some fabulous Greek food! Since we are in Central Florida, we usually just make a day trip out of it. Why, oh why didn't we stick with that plan? Instead we (probably me) came up with the great idea to drive out after work one night so we could just get up and enjoy the area instead of driving out the next morning...BIG MISTAKE!!

We stayed here for 1 LONG night...after arriving at 2am. We were seriously just looking for a cheap deal since we were arriving so late and would be out and about on within the town by morning. The sign advertised rooms starting at $40/night...but imagine our luck that the best rate they could offer was $85+tax. Since it was so late we opted for the room. One word to describe it: EWWWWWWW

Due to the late hour we stayed, but I felt like I needed a shower AFTER I took a shower in the morning. Everything was just gross. Floors were dirty, the bathroom looked as if it only had a a quick wipedown, and the walls had peeling paint and marks on them. We hightailed it out of there around 8am. I would hate to have actually been given a room they were selling for $40! I don't even want to think about it!

We were so disappointed because this property is seriously in a GREAT location. It's within walking distance to the cute downtown area which has (or had) some really funky and fun antique shops. It also right on the corner of main street and faces a beautiful inlet.

I seriously hope that some TLC is given to this property because it has such GREAT potential. Unfortunately the recession hit Tarpon Springs hard and you can see this with all the foreclosures and empty properties.

We actually stayed in the Summer of 2010, so I can only hope that some things have improved but regarding the most recent comments I would guess not...what a bummer! :(

Room Tip: The best room at this property would be something at ANOTHER HOTEL!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank poolplayingpenguin
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have never been to Florida, and I am glad I dont base my trips by first impression. Thats a great photo of the place, and Im sure it probably WAS an awesome place at 1 time. Pool.....was green and closed what looked like for years (actually I need to see if there is a gator in there, that would at least be worth another star) Either way, the place has potential to fix, but look elsewhere until this happens.

Room Tip: Look on SR 19 for more places that looked nice but reasonable
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family