Tarpon Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tarpon Shores Inn(Tarpon Springs)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites(Tarpon Springs)
Good 3.5/5
Economy Inn(Holiday)
Great 4.5/5
Excellent 5/5
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 1, 2012

Floors and walls were disgusting! Mold on the ceiling of shower! Mold on shower curtains with bugs! Broken a/c! Dirty towels! Never again will I stay at that dump! No staff, except supposedly homeless lady who cleans the room for 3dollars a room! We didn't even sleep under the covers! The city officials need to shut it down! It's going against all health regulations!

• Stayed: July 2012
    3  Thank Candy91193
    Reviewed July 8, 2012

Are the local City officials aware of this hazardous dump? My room was foull, towels and sheets where never changed from previous guests. The room had left over balloonns and trash. This place should be CONDEMNED....:(

Room Tip: RUN to another hotel
    • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
    1  Thank Vickie G
    Reviewed April 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I LOVE to go out to the Tarpon Springs area. We always have fun walking around on the Sponge Docks and eating some fabulous Greek food! Since we are in Central Florida, we usually just make a day trip out of it. Why, oh why didn't we stick with that plan? Instead we (probably me) came up with the great idea to drive out after work one night so we could just get up and enjoy the area instead of driving out the next morning...BIG MISTAKE!!

We stayed here for 1 LONG night...after arriving at 2am. We were seriously just looking for a cheap deal since we were arriving so late and would be out and about on within the town by morning. The sign advertised rooms starting at $40/night...but imagine our luck that the best rate they could offer was $85+tax. Since it was so late we opted for the room. One word to describe it: EWWWWWWW

Due to the late hour we stayed, but I felt like I needed a shower AFTER I took a shower in the morning. Everything was just gross. Floors were dirty, the bathroom looked as if it only had a a quick wipedown, and the walls had peeling paint and marks on them. We hightailed it out of there around 8am. I would hate to have actually been given a room they were selling for $40! I don't even want to think about it!

We were so disappointed because this property is seriously in a GREAT location. It's within walking distance to the cute downtown area which has (or had) some really funky and fun antique shops. It also right on the corner of main street and faces a beautiful inlet.

I seriously hope that some TLC is given to this property because it has such GREAT potential. Unfortunately the recession hit Tarpon Springs hard and you can see this with all the foreclosures and empty properties.

We actually stayed in the Summer of 2010, so I can only hope that some things have improved but regarding the most recent comments I would guess not...what a bummer! :(

Room Tip: The best room at this property would be something at ANOTHER HOTEL!!!
    • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank poolplayingpenguin
    Reviewed March 30, 2012

I have never been to Florida, and I am glad I dont base my trips by first impression. Thats a great photo of the place, and Im sure it probably WAS an awesome place at 1 time. Pool.....was green and closed what looked like for years (actually I need to see if there is a gator in there, that would at least be worth another star) Either way, the place has potential to fix, but look elsewhere until this happens.

Room Tip: Look on SR 19 for more places that looked nice but reasonable
    • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
    2  Thank Friek
    Reviewed February 3, 2012

What a sad place. I had great expectations, and seriously love this area; it is so beautiful with all of the old Victorian houses and water everywhere, manatees galore! This hotel is not on the water, but across the street from a beautiful bayou and a lovely park. Now for the bad news. There were 3 german cockroaches in the drawers, no water in the pool, duct tape on the windows, moldy old window a/c units with cardboard holding them in place. The a/c was also very noisy and woke me up each time it came on. There was yellow runny stuff all over the walls, holes in the walls and the internet did not even work! The main roads were safe, but if you wander off the beaten track, you will find yourself in a bad neighborhood. I would not walk down the streets at night by myself. One guy pounded on my door begging for a spoon to "borrow"! The room did have a refrigerator and a microwave and a TV with only basic cable and no way to tell what channels were on. The staff was friendly enough, but not much help as they could barely speak English.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any!
    • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business