“Will return for the Great Food not the wait staff.”
Review of Manolo's Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We had a heads up about a great restaurant in Tarpon Springs called Manolo's. From the moment we arrived on time for our reservations it became apparent the wait staff was in disarray. Once seated the waiter had a hard time with our wine order. Following that the confusion built on order placement minutes later "tell me again what you ordered"?, That said - the food -TERIFFIC. We laughed off the wait problems as it was happening all around us. The warm focaccio was a great start. The salad - excellent. The main entree's of Zarzurla de Mariscos, Pasta Bolanese and Mussels in Salsa Mediterrana all were perfect. The dessert - Tres Leche was the best ever tasted. So our table of four voted - lets return on a weekday and see if the service improves. The table behind us told the waiter they had been there now three times with some problems and the waiter asked if they are the ones that wrote the "bad review." Hummm - and so it goes. There is a lot of forgiveness in GREAT FOOD!
P.S. We were told our waiter, as we guessed, was the owners family!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

After reading several reviews on tripadvisor and urban spoon we decided to try Manolo's. We wanted to eat early because we were staying in another city. They open at 5 pm. The lights were barely on at 5:05. Our waiter, a nice & pleasant fellow, could not speak English well enough to understand our questions about the menu. The bread came out with seasoned olive oil, we had to ask for balsamic vinegar to mix with it. Entrees come with a Cesar salad, which was good. I had a Spanish style red snapper, which was just ok. It had an excellent sauce, but very strong fishy taste. After the excellent reviews I had read, this was just an average experience.

1  Thank soonergal88
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I were pleasantly surprised by this gem of a restaurant in downtown Tarpon Springs. From the moment we walked in our host made us feel right at home and our waiter was more than happy to answer any questions we had about the menu. We chose the Chicken Sangria and Wrapped Shrimp With Ravioli which were not only unique but absolutely delicious and filling (Unfortunately we had no room for dessert). We would not hesitate to recommend Minolo's Mediterranian Bistro to anyone looking for quality food, drink, service and atmosphere.

1  Thank dodger16
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Great place, great food, great staff.
The chef/owner Manolo not only recommended great dishes he picked outstanding wine pairings. This little gem of a restaurant right in Downtown Tarpon Springs is a real find for the area.
His Eggplant Rollatine app has an amazing "salsa" that should not be missed-GREAT DISH.
For some reason I was craving spaghetti and meatballs and I have to say the sauce was so good I did not even need the meatballs.-GREAT DISH.
My wife had a nice pasta as well, but we will be going back to try the Spanish dishes soon.
One last note. Do NOT miss the truly wonderful TresLeches dessert. This dish is often made incorrectly and I do not often order it, however, Manolo nailed it. GREAT DISH!

1  Thank 1TravelingNole
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We spotted Manolo’s while visiting Tarpon Springs for a craft show, and remarked that we should come back and try them for dinner. And I’m so glad we did.

The restaurant is furnished in rich wood tones and brick. Craftsman-styled chandeliers add to the warm ambience. The waiter who greeted us seemed a bit ill at ease at first, but finally opened up to our light banter and became more easy-going as our meal progressed.

The food is superb. We started with salads: mine, the Ensalada Mediterranea, boasted kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, pepperoncini and feta cheese over fresh spinach; my partner had the Ensalada Capresa, similarly enjoyable with large chunks of tomato and mozzarella. As to entrees, the menu heavily favors seafood, of which my tastes are limited However, it does provide some beef, chicken and shellfish alternatives. I thoroughly enjoyed my grilled shrimp and ravioli as did my partner with his Chicken Sangria, served over spaghetti and featuring a sweet white wine sauce. We finished our meal with excellent espresso and creamy cappuccino.

This place was a great find and definitely deserves a repeat visit.

2  Thank TomInNPR