“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Toula's Trailside Cafe
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Greek, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Toula's is our new favorite eatery in Tarpon Springs. My wife and I have been there on several occasions and will come back until we try every item on the menu! The owner of this charming cafe is Toula, and she prepares every delectable dish with a certain passion that comes through in every bite. Today, I had the Nutella Stuffed French Toast and it was heavenly! My wife had the Monte Christo and she claims it was the best she's ever had. The atmosphere is trendy and comfortable and the service is prompt and professional. For quality food at a reasonable price, Toula's is the place to be. See you there!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Chuck H
AlmaGreco, Owner at Toula's Trailside Cafe, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you!!!!!

Clermont
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Went to Toula's based on reviews. Restaurant was not busy, 2 occupied tables when we arrived, maybe 6 (of 10) when we left.Greek salad was goods, but not outstanding. Service was poor, waitress did not refresh our beverages at all & did not ask if food was ok until she brought the check when we were through eating. There were at least two waitresses & the manager/owner, so not understaffed. Would probably not return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AlmaGreco, Owner at Toula's Trailside Cafe, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe. We all try very hard to make everyone happy and feel like home, and I, personally am very sorry for the not so great experience. Even though the review is less than favorable, we will take it as a training tool and always try to improve.
Thanks again
Oldsmar, Florida
“Great sandwiches & Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I happened on the cafe on an afternoon of strolling the many antiques shops. Impressed with the quality of the lunches, prices, and service. The staff was extremely efficient in being sure our beverages were refreshed. The Cuban sandwich was delicious and my husband's crab wrap was very good, My only negative was even though it was not crowded it was noisy. Overall a great cafe in Tarpon Springs!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the great review:)
Montreal, Canada
“Lunch at Toula's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I had a scrumptious lunch one november day of 2012 while bicycling in the area. It was simple, delicious and affordable. I hope I get to eat there again one day.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AlmaGreco, Owner at Toula's Trailside Cafe, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
“It's OK, but way over-hyped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

After reading the glowing reviews of others, we couldn't wait to try it. My wife is Polish, and I was around Pole's most of my marriage. So, expectations were very high, as we made a special trip to try their breakfast.

It was a windless day with the sun shining, but it was October, so it wasn't hot. It was a perfect day for us.

Well, it turns out that although very clean, the store was not up to all thy hype. It's simply a small storefront with about 10 tables. There are 4 tables outside, on the sidewalk, one of which which we selected for our meal. The staff were very friendly, and very conversational - especially the owner. We couldn't wait .....

But, even though we went there specifically for breakfast, nothing on the menu appealed to us, so we instead ordered sandwiches - it was late morning. Both of us went for the cheese-steak on a hoagy (couldn't call it a Philly), with potato salad. The sandwich was just so-so, but neither of us ate the salad, as it had a peculiar taste (some strange spice, perhaps). I must say, we expected much more, based upon the hype from others.

Overall, I'd give it a rating of average or less, as were were underwhelmed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AlmaGreco, Owner at Toula's Trailside Cafe, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our cafe, and we appreciate your business.