“Really loved this place”

Dimitri's on the Water
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local Seafood and Mediterranean Cuisine. Waterfront dinning! Free Parking across the street behind Mykonos Restaurant.
Orlando
“Really loved this place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really wanted to give this place a 5 but our waiter kinda needed a personality.

We were greated promptly by I believe the owner. He was so funny.
Bread and dipping oils were brought to the table as the waiter arrived to take our drink order.
(nice touch!)
As the drinks came he took our order for food. Not a long wait at all.
I had the gyro and my husband had the greek sausage. Everything was so good! We boxed up what we could to take home to enjoy later.

The view was great....if you come by boat they also have a dock right outside that you can tie up your boat and come in the back door.

We will definitely come back!

Jacksonville, Florida
“Friendly and Clean”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had lunch there and were very happy with the prompt and friendly service. Our waiter was great, the food was very good, a lot like the food serviced in Greek Town in Chicago. Right on the water with lots of traffic and several working fishing boats docked nearby.

Sarasota, FL
“Service lacking.. BEWARE!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was Memorial Day, and we strolled through Tarpon Springs in search of good food, a glass of wine and nice atmosphere. I ate here about 3 years ago and it was a pleasant dining experience. Apparently, things have changed since then?! I was so embarrassed taking my honey here, raving about my last dining experience, and only to find out that was a HUGE mistake?! We were seated at first at the bar (our choice) as the restaurant was busy. We then asked how long it would be to sit outside,and were seated within minutes. Our server "Steven" greeted me immediately as my man was inside settling our bar tab. Then "POOF" he disappeared?!! We waited over 15 minutes for a wine menu, thinking we'd love to order a bottle, instead of individual glasses. We waited... and waited some more? Then my honey got up himself (?????!!!!!) to get his own wine list. Read on.. it just gets worse from here. We ordered calamari appetizer, a gyros, and a chicken souvlaki. When it arrived the waiter just sat it down on the table (not in front of us?!) and took off again.He NEVER even came back to see how things were? He poured some water and said "he'd be right back with ice".. again, he played "Houdini" and was never to be seen again? He blamed "a difficult party" on our weak service.. and if that was the case he should never have been given our table, in the first place?We then got the manager involved, "George, The Greek" and told him of our miserable dining experience and said "he'd take care of our wine?" The bill came.. and there wasn't any adjustment made? He said "the computer" didn't allow for printing a different bill? He gave us his card, and said "Next time, you ask for me, and I'll give you 20% off?" Next time... I don't think so! With the number of restaurants on this street, we will most certainly stay far far away when visiting Tarpon Springs. Holiday or not.. they should have been fully prepared to run their restaurant as if it was any other day of the year and if they were "busy" then they shouldn't have seated us until this "difficult party" left? Please let it be known that we were fully prepared to pay (at any cost) for a meal that was memorable, and weren't looking for anything "free?" NEVER AGAIN! To Steven our server and George the Greek (the manager) you ruined our dining experience and our afternoon! Shame on you!

3 Thank spoiledtravelers1
The Villages, Florida
“Love this place, my 2nd time”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My 2nd visit proved to be just as fabulous as my first last year. We parked at Mykonos across the street because it said free parking for them & Dimitri's. The father/owner of Mykonos followed us over and we had a blast meeting and joking around with him. I'm not sure if I met the son/owner of Dimitri's but we did meet a gorgeous man who took such good care of us while we were there. Everyone was so gracious and helpful. We ate outside which is the best but from inside you still have great views because it's all windows floor to ceiling along the water. Once again I got snapper it is soooo good. Others in my group got octopus and it tasted great! I'm not sure if I will try other restaurants whenever I go to Tarpon--this one is just the best!!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Greek @ its best”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Planned an outing for 42 ladies. Food was excellent and entertainment by "George the Greek" was excellent for our ladies. Service was excellent. View of water and trawlers excellent.