“Dinner #2”

Cross street: Alt.19
Transit: Jolly Trolly and PSTA
Description: Phone:(727) 937-2000
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My 1st visit to Veranda about 2 or 3 months ago. I had fish tacos. !st time to try them and they were fabulous. My friend had the stacked salad, and we shared the coconut shrimp appetizer. All of the food was excellent. As was he service.
Yesterday 12/28/12 I returned for the grouper tacos & was joined by 2 friends. (It was my suggestion we go there as I wanted the tacos).
Our table was filthy, I had to ask that it be cleaned which was done after the table was set up. Our waitress had no knowledge of the food preperation, the beers, the wines, or the way to service a table. She was nice & tried to please us but it was apparent that nobody had trained her properly.
THE FOOD WAS A SAD DISAPPOINTMENT. The apps were ok. Stacked salad was not stacked. The fish tacos were unavailable so we tried the fish wrap. The fish in the wrap was unavailable. The wraps were cold & rubbery and contained almost nothing. The fish in it was hard to find.
The group seated near us had similar complaints, although they had different dishes. Their complaints fell on deaf ears.
The air freshener in the elevator almost killed me.
It's sad that the beauty and great time dining at the first visit was nothing like yeterdays visit @ appprox. 4 pm. I consider the visit a huge waste of time, $$, & gas. We all wished we had chosen a place down the street. With so many restaurants so close by The Veranda had better shape up. New Owners? Management? Chefs? Something is wrong!
PS. We drove from Spring Hill specifically to dine at the Veranda.

2  Thank GinaDent

Reviewed December 21, 2012

It's tough to review this restaurant. From the main entrance, it is beautiful.....three open stories...nice decor....with an elevator for those who need it; BUT, the gal who greeted us at 4:00 pm, had short shorts on with little sneakers...certainly not who you expect to greet you in what appears to bel a bit upscale. It really was not. It's located on the river which you can see from the banquette seating (limited,) and those tables near the west windows. My friend ordered a Brandy Alexander which came with a cherry on top. She complained and asked our server for another prepared correctly....no cherry, which she said made it sweet. Three of us had the Lobster Bisque. DON'T order it. It was terrible. We had to ask for bread, but as we were the first in the restaurant that evening, we understood it was still in the oven, and when it came to our table, we absolutely loved it... served with butter and the most delicious dipping olive oil. Fantastic! The $16.99 10 oz. prime rib, on the regular menu, was served with one side. They should have at least offered one vegetable and a potato/rice. I asked for the end cut which was seasoned well and very tender. All three who ordered the prime rib liked it. The mashed garlic/onion potatoes I could have done without. We had to ask for water refills, and I think our server should have kept a better eye on our table, especially as there were only two other tables with patrons. The two others at our table had one of the early dinner specials of Sirloin Steak ($9.95.) One came out cooked medium well instead of medium rare. However, they said that they were good. Overall, I don't think I would go back again, and I don't think most of my friends would either. It's just not that kind of place where you look forward to going again.

1  Thank beachesDunedin
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is one of the best plces to dine in Tarpon. The view of the sunset is amazing. The seafood is fresh and delicious. I had the salmon and my husband had the prime rib.Both dishes were prepared perfectly.The manager Louis came to check on us personally. We were very well taken care of. Would highly recommend.!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Good food. Nice atmosphere. It's a very big place, but is on the water. Owned by the same people that own Captain Jacks.

1  Thank harste
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The food was fantastic and the service great. The prime rib was perfectly cooded and the lobster ravioli was excellent!