“Great Place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Currents Restaurant

Currents Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 139 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dade City, Florida
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

There are a lot of places to eat in Tarpon but if you want one that has excellent food and a quiet relaxed atmoshphere then this is your place. My wife and I have eaten there three times now and each time has been a delight. I have been very pleased with the chef specials which have always been different. I like a place where I can get a meal that is not one I know how to make. Their combinations are really interesting and tasty. For a special occasion or a quiet meal out then I would highly recommend Currents.

• Visited March 2013

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Tarpons Finest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are not many places in Tarpon Springs that has fine dining until you dine at Currents, Our reservations were right on time. The service was fantistic. I had the Pork Tenderloin which was great. I also like the fact that we were not rushed to order. I thought that the drink prices were a little on the high side ($9.00 for premium whiskey). Outside of that it was a very nice evening of dining, I will go back.

• Visited March 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“great place for relaxing dinning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were recommended to go to Currents by a friend, so I surprised my wife for her birthday. Stacy was our waitress and was very attentive to our needs and always at the table with a smile...The food was very good from appetizer, fresh local salad greens and the main meal was a 10...Great job Currents...We found another local great restaurant...

1 Thank RJS59PLS
Sarasota, Florida
“Great spot for romantic dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to Currents for the first time in February to celebrate my birthday. Service was friendly and prompt, food was really good and the wine list, while not huge, has a nice variety of interesting choices. We loved it and will definitely return; we already have plans to take an out-of town visitor there next week. The only negative was the music in the background which was basically "rackabilly". It did not fit the mood of the place at all...this place needs more of a "Norah Jones sound". Definitely try the grouper piccata on the menu -- it is yummy!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
New Port Richey, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

3 of us went to this restaurant. We were seated in a booth. The booth seat was slanted down so I was constantly pushing myself back to stay seated. The service was terrible. We waited a while for the waiter to take our drink order. We asked for 2 separate checks. Then a while later a second waiter took our food order. Again I asked for 2 separate checks. The second waiter ( our real waiter) also had a big party next to our table so we were always waiting for service. Finally we got our food. The lobster crab bisque soup was excellent. The bread was horrible, the house salad tasted like they forgot to put the dressing on it so it was dry. The strip steak was okay, but the lobster tail the I paid $12.00 more for was disgusting. It tasted like is was it was so overly peppered and hot that one couldn't wait to swallow it just to get it out of your mouth. The mashed potatoes were fair and the side vegetable was uneatable. I am still not sure what it was. My bread-putting dessert was good but very small. Finally when the bill came of course it came on one check. We had the waiter redo it and of course it was wrong. I ended up paying for my friend's glass of wine.

• 1 of 5 bubbles