“great place for relaxing dinning”

Currents Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Palm Harbor, Florida
“great place for relaxing dinning”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were recommended to go to Currents by a friend, so I surprised my wife for her birthday. Stacy was our waitress and was very attentive to our needs and always at the table with a smile...The food was very good from appetizer, fresh local salad greens and the main meal was a 10...Great job Currents...We found another local great restaurant...

1 Thank RJS59PLS

Sarasota, Florida
“Great spot for romantic dinner”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We went to Currents for the first time in February to celebrate my birthday. Service was friendly and prompt, food was really good and the wine list, while not huge, has a nice variety of interesting choices. We loved it and will definitely return; we already have plans to take an out-of town visitor there next week. The only negative was the music in the background which was basically "rackabilly". It did not fit the mood of the place at all...this place needs more of a "Norah Jones sound". Definitely try the grouper piccata on the menu -- it is yummy!

New Port Richey, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

3 of us went to this restaurant. We were seated in a booth. The booth seat was slanted down so I was constantly pushing myself back to stay seated. The service was terrible. We waited a while for the waiter to take our drink order. We asked for 2 separate checks. Then a while later a second waiter took our food order. Again I asked for 2 separate checks. The second waiter ( our real waiter) also had a big party next to our table so we were always waiting for service. Finally we got our food. The lobster crab bisque soup was excellent. The bread was horrible, the house salad tasted like they forgot to put the dressing on it so it was dry. The strip steak was okay, but the lobster tail the I paid $12.00 more for was disgusting. It tasted like is was it was so overly peppered and hot that one couldn't wait to swallow it just to get it out of your mouth. The mashed potatoes were fair and the side vegetable was uneatable. I am still not sure what it was. My bread-putting dessert was good but very small. Finally when the bill came of course it came on one check. We had the waiter redo it and of course it was wrong. I ended up paying for my friend's glass of wine.

1 Thank Lori B
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Service, Atmosphere & Food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Classy little restaurant with amazing food. Each meal is prepared fresh by the Chef. The wait staff is professional. The place is spotless. Great little bar you could sit at if you wanted to enjoy a Martini & skip dinner. Plates are about $15-$20 and well worth it.

Visited January 2013
Florida
“BEST RESTAURANT IN THE AREA! Now open for lunch too!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

GREAT DINNER!!!....Delicious menu with many flavorful choices! Very intimate, upscale restaurant and bar setting! I have lived in the Tarpon Springs area for over 20 years. Currents has been in Tarpon Springs for more than a few...THANKFULLY...for dinner! I am always very pleased with the service and food, and so are the friends and family that I bring.

LUNCH TOO!!!....I was VERY happy to recently learn that they are now open for lunch. I have been there 3 times in January already for lunch. The lunch menu is impressive, and priced lower than I would expect for the quality of food. A great lunch value! A perfect setting for business lunches too, and they said that they cater large parties and lunches for your place of business.

• Visited January 2013