“good for a ride on boat,”

Spongorama's Cruise Lines
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This is the trip you don’t want to miss on your visit to Tarpon Springs. We take you on an exciting narrated cruise down the beautiful waters of the Anclote River to the Gulf of Mexico. You’ll be looking for dolphins, manatees, birds, the Anclote lighthouse and other historical sites. Our beach excursion allows you to disembark on the Anclote Island to stroll the beach and look for shells.
Leyland, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“good for a ride on boat,”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

the price seems to have gone up since last time we came two years ago.the visit to the island is ok . dont like that you cannot take drinks on with you just seems to be another way to make money out of you. boat can get full so check numbers before you book

Visited July 2012

Southaven, Mississippi, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Ride”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The price was good for the trip, captain knowledgable & good
personality, the island overall was ok-good for pictures-shells
could've been better. Good time!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Sailorette54
Tampa, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointing Dolphin Tour”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've been on the same tour with different companies quite a few times. The best is not currently running a boat. So, we ended up on Spongeorama's' Tour. This is an old town, so sadly, the facilities are not well equipped for the handicapped or disabled. We rushed to make the trip only to be told we had to now wait 45 min (I think an attempt to fill the boat). We took off late and were returned early. There wasn't a dolphin in sight. That happens, but no attempt to search either. The captain denied cutting the trip short, but we weren't the only passengers to complain. Free passes were issued to us for a return trip. Grateful for that, but have yet to do it. Today might be the day. We'll see how that works out. Though free, might not be worth it. :-(

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Julie C
NYC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Keep walking”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The people at this operation are rude and deceptive. The next tour didn’t start for two hours, which was too long for our elderly relatives to wait in the heat. We asked if there were other boat operators and they told us no. But it turns out that just down the street there is Sun Line tours, where they were happy and helpful. We were so glad we didn’t give our business to Spongorama.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank ReneeRon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Take the other Dolphin Cruise in Tarpon Springs”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I took the other dolphin cruise in Tarpon Springs last year and decided to try something new this year. Ok, so I'd like to start with the positives:
Getting out on the beach was cool. There were tons of shells, but the island was packed with other people there in their own boats.
The boat itself was pretty new and in decent shape.
The negatives started when I bought my ticket. I had a feeling and I should have just walked away. The lady that sold me the ticket had a mouth full of sandwich..and continued to eat it while answering my questions. Rude and disgusting. Then, she didn't have the register key to give me change....which is fine. The part that is not fine is when she got the key, then helped 3 other people before I finally gave up and let her keep my $3.60 because it's not worth my time.
The captain smoked the whole time, which...again, it's ok...but then don't have signs on your boat and tell everyone it's no smoking. The captain was extremely rough with the boat. We slammed into the dock when we came back without warning, and he was constantly being rough with the controls. It made things uncomfortable. There was a little bit of tour explanation, but not much. I'd like to hear about why we are doing what we are doing, and maybe tell everyone to watch for dolphins and say something if you see one. We didn't see any dolphins, and the captain didn't really seem to care. I realize sometimes you see them and sometimes not, but unlike the other cruise in town, these guys didn't go out of their way to find one.
Overall, it wasn't worth the $$ and I've been on a ton of trips like this that were better.
Thanks