Review Highlights
Finding gifts for the Fam!

Reviewed yesterday

ChairmanJon
Leek, United Kingdom
via mobile

2,411 results
All reviews sponge docks pastries greek culture baklava shops and restaurants great greek food shops selling day trip fun place to visit rusty bellies seafood t shirts the main street sponge diving hellas bakery greek restaurant natural sponges
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I absolutely adore this shop! Every time I go to Florida I visit tarpon and I am never unsatisfied. The sponges they have there are the best of the best! The product of clothing is amazing and just the T-shirts alone or so supersoft. They also have great jewelry and the owner and his son are just amazing people! They know everything about the area , from where to kayak to just picking stones to paint!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

A lovely part of Tarpon and a great way to spend half a day - sponges galore, sea shells, boat trips and some very nice gift shops - a Greek flavour to the cuisine because of the heritage. Much nicer than Johns Pass

Reviewed 3 days ago

Visited the sponge docks about 10 years ago when our children were little. Visiting again and it is still a great place to spend the day. You can purchase handmade soaps, sponges, sea side decorations plus plus.

Reviewed 3 days ago

It was really so much fun. The food was excellent, but there was no cover from the FL sun! It was only high 80's, but FL is close to the sun. We had a nice sea breeze, that helped, but I'm going to comment to them to provide shaded eating areas. We did the dolphin cruise, the 1 hr one. Got two Rum drinks on there, but only had time for one - I got the 2nd to go, though. The cruise was absolutely fantastic. The weather was fine - as in really perfectly fine, and our boat captain and naturalist told us about every single thing we saw, and yes there were dolphins, but the northern people there on vacay were standing up so I couldn't get pics. I can actually see dolphins and the sea, and rivers running into the sea every day, living here. So, I just sat and let them stand. The sunset was fabulous. It's a lovely little Greek community, which was set up to teach Americans the right way to sponge dive, as Greeks had been doing this for thousands of years. (They never kill the sponge, which is an animal, but just take the top so the sponge can re-grow. It's a law in the US that you can only take sponges that way). I took more pics, but that was at the end of the road, and we went in a bar there. :) Florida wines from FL vineyards. Nice samplings, but I'm not fond of any sweet wines. Perfect day. I recommend it, especially in November. It was a beautiful day.
Manage
Like · Reply ·

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Sponge Museum was disappointing.
The Greek community is very open and friendly. Not a crowded town this time of year.
Would recommend to go when it is cooler.
Buy natural sponges.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Just sitting on the many benches and watching the boats come in and out. Saw one bring in a large harvest of sponges and willing to stop and talk to us. Such friendly people and area.

Reviewed 1 week ago

You should go early before eveyone else gets there. You should have sunscreen if you are staying there long and burn easy. Don't forget to bring money for those stores.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Great shopping. Nice atmosphere. Docks are very interesting, enjoy Greek history here Great place to take the kids. Handmade soaps are my favorite.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Had some extra time while in Florida so we went to the Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks. Fun place to go. Lots of shops, restaurants, can take a boat ride with a diver diving for sponges if you choose.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Tarpon Springs is the greatest place to visit here in Tarpon. The Sponge Docks are world known and it makes one feel like there in Greece. The restaurants are all terrific. But i would say go to limani's . Its the best on the water, They take cash only yet you won't be sorry.