“Loved the Spring Bayou!”
Review of The 1910 Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarpon Springs
The 1910 Inn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the Spring Bayou!”
Reviewed August 21, 2005

I had the excellent fortune of working in the Tarpon Springs area recently...and found an absolute gem in the Spring Bayou Inn!

The Innkeepers Sherri and Bill are wonderful; the Inn itself takes you back to a time when everything moved slower. They are excellent hosts and work very hard to make your stay enjoyable!

The breakfasts were splendid in that they were very fresh, full of flavor and everyday was something new. Breakfast was a very relaxed and effortless occasion. Bill is an outstanding cook!

I will be staying with Sherri and Bill again and have recommended them and the Spring Bayou Inn to several co-workers, friends, and family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2005

Our holiday at the Spring Bayou Inn took place last February/March - 2005 and we would like to comment about our wonderful experience.

After touring the entire coastline of Florida - staying at many Bed and Breakfast Inns, we finished our holiday by spending a week at the Spring Bayou Inn at Tarpon Springs. What a great choice we made! Making reservations via the internet can be somewhat daunting however our entire trip turned out wonderfully. HOWEVER the best was saved for the last!

Sherri and Bill's lovely old Victorian Inn was so very special. The Inn is spacious and elegant and filled with lovely antiques. Our room was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, and the breakfasts - wow - such a treat. Our hosts were just the best - so hospitable and friendly - and such fun! We enjoyed every minute of our week long stay - and hope to visit Spring Bayou Inn again - very soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2005

This was our first experience at a B&B. We are used to the amenties of large hotels, but couldn't find one close enough or with a large enough suite to accommodate separate sleeping for two (noisy) toddlers.

At the Inn, we had the Efficiency (with 1 bedroom and roomy kitchen) and the Palm Room (a second attached bedroom), which was perfect for a family of 4, and there was plenty of room for the kids to play even without a separate sitting room. Plus there is a playground and restaurants within walking distance, and a beautiful family beach only 10 minutes away.

The rooms and furnishings were quaint and clean, the house breakfast a gourmet treat, and the hosts were very accommodating without being too obvious a presence. The cost was about 25% less than a smaller suite at a chain hotel in a nearby commercial area. So the Spring Bayou Inn turned out to be the most wonderful choice for us!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2005

We stayed in the Orchid Room and really enjoyed the sitting area. We also spent a lot of time on the wraparound porch, enjoying the breeze brought by Tropical Storm Arlene. Outstanding location--one block from the historic downtown/antique area and a 5 minute drive (at most) to the sponge docks. Excellent breakfasts!

Stayed June 2005
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2005

Being a Florida native I was not prepared for the surprise of Tarpon Springs. But even nicer was the Spring Bayou Inn B&B!!! This is a gem within walking distance to the downtown area and to the waterfront.
Our room, the Orchid Room, was on the first floor, was quiet, and very roomy. Our bed was comfortable. But the gourmet breakfast....unlike any restaurant. The raspberry stuffed French toast was wonderful as was the turkey-artichoke-spinach quiche. No continental breakfast at this place. A plentiful supply of beverages and snacks kept us satisfied as we touched base between our exploring of this lovely Greek town.
This is definitely a destination spot! Thank you, Sherri and Bill, for a wonderful weekend.

Folsom, California
Reviewed May 4, 2005

Spring Bayou Inn has that extra "something" that I've not experienced in a bed and breakfast before. The innskeepers, Sherri and Bill Barzydlo, are the friendliest and most personable couple I've ever met. You are treated like family and they will go out of their way to provide the best customer service for your vacation. And, not to forget, the breakfasts were out of this world---always included several courses, e.g., strawberries on puff pastry, baked pears with walnuts, quiche with chicken/apple/gouda sausage, smoked turkey cutlet---just to name a few! I was especially charmed with Bill (trained at the Cordon Bleu in Ottawa) who shares my interests in good food. So if you want a nice bed and breakfast that is close to antique shops, good Greek restaurants, stunning views of the bayous and the beach, this is definitely the place to go!

1 Thank robertacJ6657GM
Reviewed May 2, 2005

I went to Tarpon Springs on business and I thought I would sample some authentic Greek cuisine and bring home some sponges to my family in East Hampton, New York. I was very pleased to find the Spring Bayou Inn on the internet. There didn't seem to be many B&Bs in this area. The house was an amazingly restored Victorian with a large wrap-around porch. The wireless internet service was a real plus for me and I spent hours talking with the owner and his friend. I then had the pleasure of meeting the resident 6-toed cats who were extremely entertaining and imported all the way from Wisconsin.The owners told me of all the wonderful beaches and parks to go but unfortunately I only had one evening to spend there and I was leaving early the next morning to catch a plane. That did not stop them from waking up early to specially prepare for me a wonderful gourmet breakfast. I can hardly wait until I can return with my family so we can explore the rest of the area and enjoy the Inn again.

, Innkeeper at The 1910 Inn, responded to this review, May 4, 2005
Just wanted to clarify that our cats stay in our quarters and don't roam the house for guest allergy reasons. They may visit you if you desire, but are not allowed in the guest rooms (except the pet friendly room).
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarpon Springs
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

Been to The 1910 Inn? Share your experiences!