“A wonderful stay at The 1910 Inn!”
Review of The 1910 Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tarpon Springs
The 1910 Inn
“A wonderful stay at The 1910 Inn!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Spontaneously, we decided to take a weekend getaway to Tarpon Springs to shop for antiques and get our Greek food fix. We had stayed at this B&B many years ago, when it was called Spring Bayou Inn and under different ownership. When we stayed in the past, it was fine but I understand that the previous owner let things slide a bit and the reviews on Trip Advisor several years ago were not so good. The new owner, Miss Annie, purchased the Inn late last year and spent months sprucing it up before opening her doors again to guests in January 2013. She and her family have been in Tarpon Springs for generations and she apparently had a special fondness for "this old house" ever since she was a little girl. The Inn has been repainted on the outside and the inside is fresh and clean. The wood gleams throughout the house. Our room was lovely and spacious with a comfortable king size bed and wonderful linens. There were two bottles of water in our room and fine chocolates resting on our pillows, both thoughtful additions. Annie leaves complimentary wine and baked goods for her guests in the afternoon. The Inn also has complimentary wi-fi. It also has a lovely wraparound veranda and Annie has strung white lights around the eaves. After returning from dinner, we sat on the veranda in the rocking chairs and enjoyed a glass of wine. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, with coffee, juice, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt, sausages, and spanikopita (Annie's grandmother's recipe-Yum!) The Inn is located within walking distance of the antique shops and Spring Bayou, and is a short drive to many recommended restaurants and the sponge docks.
We will definitely return to the 1910 Inn and I would recommend the Inn to anyone seeking a nice B&B in Tarpon Springs. Best Wishes to Annie on her new endeavors with her Inn.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I'd just like to point out that if the ratings had started over when Annie took over and rescued the old tired Spring Bayou Inn, turning it into the 1910 Inn, a totally first class establishment, it would have five stars and be the number one bed and breakfast inTarpon Springs. It is going to take a while for the true excellence of this place now to make up for the lackluster reviews of the past,but I am sure it will happen. What a stunningly wonderful stay! Give Annie and the 1910 Inn a chance. You won't be sorry. Five stars for food, five stars for hospitality, and five stars for ambience. Wonderful all around!

Room Tip: They are all lovely. Website descriptions are accurate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DocH2O
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The 1910 Inn
32 W Tarpon Avenue
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
727-424-4091

The beauty of Tarpon Springs is that it is not like Florida.
The beauty of The 1910 Inn, is that it is not like Florida.
Let me warn you about Annie. She will melt you as a welcome delight into this historic home. A home which she walked past as a girl, a home she always wanted to own, and now she does and she so loves this place and her guests. A Greek hug, a huge  ear to ear grin is her welcome. You are part of her family. If you dislike genuine people, she isn't for you and you can avoid the Greek family that is Tarpon Springs.
I casually mentioned as we sat to talk after her welcome hug and a bite of a gorgeous Greek cake with a name I won't even try to remember, that I drink Earl Gray tea. Just casual mind you, I wasn't asking - really boasting about my exquisite palate you understand,  mentioned  in passing -  but ten minutes later - my tea of my choice. Her ever attentive husband Charles, just happened to be at a store.
SWMBO -  She Who Must Be Obeyed - my current wife of some two decades or more and I had stayed at this guest house  two years before. Slowly dying from neglect, it gave a feel of potential not realized. Swmbo saw on that marvelous internet thing it was now under new ownership. "Lets try it" she ordered. I humbly, as I always do, went along with this "suggestion"  as we with a She Who Must Be Obeyed so often do

We arrived - wondering how it would be?
Now  it sparkles with love of somebody  who adores this old building and a love of people. No professional hotel staff - just Annie and her husband who joins us when he isn't in Clearwater doing Attorney things. He joins us for the most sinful breakfasts.  Cearly Charles is infected with Annie's love of people and this house which is again becoming a house beautiful. Harriet and I will see this as it is now "our" place.
You want modern antiseptic, Musac and just like every other place - forget the 1910, OK - it does have  wi-fi but you use that, you don't see it.
You want comfort of a home, deep luster floors and many non desighner things to catch the eye, stay at the 1910  because - well just because. A visual delight - and Annie didn't bribe me to say these things.
Delightful pub close by. Great range of beers - real ones - English bar man and his wife during the day. I may find may notes for another report on the pub. Excellent food. Also close by is  a local Greek restaurant used by all the locals - don't ask me - Annie will tell you where.
Tarpon Springs has great restaurants - it's own Greek way of being, sponge fishermen - must be some sponge women as well, I just didn't see any and as a small town, it is just like Annie -  genuine. Hopefully neither will ever be modernized.

Geoff
Sent from my iPad if I'm not mistaken -  expect mistakes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Geoffthebeer
LaGrange, Indiana
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The beautiful, newly renovated 1910 Inn was a wonderful surprise on my recent visit to Tarpon Springs. The owner, Annie, went out of her way to make me comfortable, despite my last-minute addition to an already full house. She made very effort to meet my needs and to ensure that my time away was everything I hoped for. Annie obviously loves her hometown and her beautiful Inn is surely a welcome addition to the community.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ingrid12-13
Clearwater, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2013

From the minute we arrived we were treated like family. Annie is a wonderful host and the house is in beautiful shape...our room spacious and the best mattress ever!!
The breakfast this morning was wonderful also...homemade Quiche, fruit, pastries, coffee, tea, juice ect...the works!
I would recommend to anyone to take a weekend away and visit!! Ellen

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ellen P
Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I did not stay here as I live locally, and I have lived in Tarpon Springs for over 20 years. However, I was given the opportunity to take a tour of it since it was recently purchased by a family that has lived in Tarpon Springs for many years! It has been very nicely painted and renovated by the new owners. I was very impressed with how nice and clean it was inside. It had that 'old world charm' with beautiful all wood floors and wood molding throughout. The owners were very nice, and I could tell that they were ready to do whatever it takes to take great care of their guests. They changed the name to 1910 Inn, and the property now looks magnificent. I am very happy to see that the property is now being taken such good care of!

If you are coming to Tarpon Springs (which you'll LOVE - but that's for a whole other post) then you should definitely stay here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank VacationManFlorida
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We recently spent the night at Spring Bayou Inn to celebrate our 23rd Anniversary. Our Host greeted us at the door, we found Champagne & Chocolate Covered Strawberries waiting for us in a most beautiful, romantic, charming room (Rose Room). Our host treated us like old friends, made us feel very much at home and served us a delightful breakfast. Would highly recommend this charming inn.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Trinity
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin

Been to The 1910 Inn? Share your experiences!