“My Favorite”

Ranked #9 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A unique culinary experience. Perfectly aged steaks. One of the largest wine collections in the world. An internationally famous dessert room. Wine cellar and kitchen tours available for all guests. These elements have combined since 1956 to provide our guests with a unique culinary experience. Our prime steaks are cut to order, vegetables are grown locally on the Bern's farm and sourced from the finest purveyors, and our menu includes 21 choices of caviar. Each visit to Bern's Steak House takes you on a gastronomic adventure that defines Bern's not as a meal but as an experience. We invite you to join us and experience Bern's.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Bern's has been a staple of Tampa Bay for many years, and to me, it's still the best. Bern's is a full dining experience for entertaining guests, celebrating special occasions, or simply treating yourself. From the unusual décor, to the service, to the simplest side dish, everything is perfect. I've had many visits to Bern's, including two weeks ago, and it's still my favorite!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,758)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Dinner was good, not great, but the dessert room was fantastic. The steaks were good, but not worth the price. The onion soup was more of a tart pan with. Cheese and the salad was good, but not exceptional. The escargot was fixed in brown gravy and cheese...what a disappointment. Our son's date ordered her filet well done and the waiter (Lance) acted like he had misheard and how gauche. She was embarrassed.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am a native of the area, but had not eaten at Bern's in a long time. Still a great steak house and a fun experience. If you have not eaten here, it's definitely worth trying for a nice evening out on the town. Be prepared that it is expensive, but not anymore than some of the other popular steak houses like The Capitol Grill, The Palm, Ruth Chris.., and I like Bern's better than all of those. The highlights of our meal were the wide varitey of steak selections with multiple options to get the steak specifcally how you want it cooked. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the waiter was a huge help walking us through the all the different options. Service from start to finish was 5 star. I also like the fact that you can choose some of the very large cuts of meat to share between 2 - 4 people. This allows you to say have a 2 1/2 inch thick 24 ounce strip and have 2 people share it.

A couple things that made me give Bern's a 4 rating instead of a 5. The sides we had good but not great. I would say 5 stars on the steaks and 3 stars on the sides. We did have the Tuna tartare for an appetizer and it was outstanding. We also tried the desert room since some in our party had not been there before. Unique setting and experience. The deserts we had were in the good to very good range, but nothing stood out as great.

As a comparison I had recently eaten and the Chicago Chop House which gets a lot of favorable press. I would easily rank Bern's better than the Chicago Chop House.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have been going to Bern's for over 15 years and it just continues to amaze with the great service and excellent food. If you like fine wine they have an extensive cellar and be sure to take the tour of the wine cellar and kitchen. The waiters are eager to please and explain the extensive menu to give you the best meal. Dinner includes soup,salad, entre and sides. Top of the line food at a reasonable price considering you get a complete meal. The desert room after dinner is not to be missed.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Plan to spend a good chunk, but you will be spoiled and have great food, service and table setting. Dessert room and coffee a must. Highly recommend the tour of the kitchen and wine cellar for the full experience.

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!