“An experience you will long remember”
Review of Bern's Steak House

Bern's Steak House
Ranked #9 of 2,418 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“An experience you will long remember”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Ate here last night and was highly impressed. The decor is early 19th century french cat house and is over the top - just awesome if you are looking for a unique atmosphere. The wait staff has to go through a 2 year apprenticeship before they serve you so needless to say the service was outstanding. The food is as good a steak as you will find anywhere and given the quality etc it is Reasonably priced. Dinner for 6 including apps, 2 bottles of wine, a round of cocktails, soup, salad and the best steak I have eaten was $670. Clearly not cheap but certainly inexpensive. They offer a tour of the kitchen after dinner coupled with a visit to the wine cellar - do it do not even think twice. Also sure to make reservations for the desert room upstairs and be prepared for a desert experience that is like nothing else. Vern's have a huge wine by the glass menu, the largest wine cellar in the US and a list of after dinner drinks that will knock your socks off. Budget a full evening and be prepared for an experience and for food that will have you wanting to come back to Tampa just to eat!!

1 Thank ANP123

Phoenix, Arizona
“"Reservation" was useless, and the place was OK but not great”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed. We waited for an hour for our table, and we had made reservations. The waiter was nice, but service was slow. Tables were set too close to each other and the noise was terrible. Food was good, but not to repeat the experience.

2 Thank Dseas
Orlando, Florida
“Another Exceptional Experience”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last year and had to come back. We were sat at the exact same table as last year ! Deja Vu ! I ordered the 12 oz filet mignon ($43) and my wife had the 8 oz filet mignon ($37?) This aged beef is cooked over charcoal and coated with butter. Our waiter was spot on when he said that since it is aged beef, never bloody, to order one temperature lower than you normally would. I wanted it medium so I ordered medium rare. It came out perfect and taste was delicious. Each entree comes with a crock of French onion soup, onion strings, green beans, baked potato and a salad. The soup was great as was the creamy provolone that was melted over the crock. When coming here, it is only right to order a bottle of wine. I believe they have one of the largest sections of wine in the world, well over 100,000 bottles. We ordered a 2010 B R Cohn Silver Label Cabernet Sauvignon($37). It was a medium bodied wine that truly enhanced the meal. We had a great time and I must say that with everything that is included with the meal, plus the highest quality aged beef, Bern's Steakhouse is on the top of the steakhouse mountain.

Chicago, Illinois
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have been frequenting Bern's Steak House for many years, and it has always been fantastic. The last three visits were very disappointing. The quality of the meat has changed drastically, and now can be compared to an Outback Steak House at quadruple the price. The wait staff and service however remained outstanding. Three disappointing visits are enough, we will never go back nor recommend Bern's to anyone.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank 888George
Tampa, Florida
“Old World at its BEST! The BEST STEAK place in the world!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love steak and I've travel the world (over 100 countries), and I would rate this place the very TOP. The steak is properly aged, trimmed, and cooked to your specific preference. If your steak do not come out the way you like it, you need to let your wait staff know and they will immediately correct the problem. People complains about their steak is not cooked to their liking and NOT taking corrective action are fools.

The decore is very unique and old world (antique like paintings and statues etc...) and I personally like it. And I do underatand that may not be some people's taste but this is a special occasion place, and it is very SPECIAL! Reminds me of OLD EUROPEAN CASTLE I've been to.

The wait staff here are the best! Since we are a regular here(We live with in walking distance from here), they know our name by heart. The management always make point of coming over to say hello.

Every staff here will have different first name (lets say your name is Tom and there is Tom here already, you new name maybe Terry or Jerry), so the customer's complains or compliments will not be confused with the incorrect individual.

The dessert room up stair is a great place to relax and have a after dinnor drink/sweets/coffee and socialize until end of evening.

You will need to make reservation far in ADVANCE for weekend nights(peak time 6:30pm - 8:30pm). For special dates (Mother's day, Valentine's Day), I would say 3-5 month in advance, if you don't have special connection.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!