“Tasty and healthy”
Review of Green Lemon

Green Lemon
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Lemon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,477 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morrison
Description: Fun and modern twist on Mexican, using traditional ingredients, minus all the fillers. Local art, live DJs, and made from scratch margaritas give everyone a reason to celebrate.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant serves up tasty and healthy fare that is mostly mexican in style. The bowls are excellent, especially with quinoa instead of rice- not many places serve quinoa and it is higher in protein and generally healthier than rice. The guacamole is excellent, the salsa is amazing and the chips are light and not greasy. The atmosphere is trendy and vibrant (and a little loud at times) and the waitress we had (danielle) was very good. Only minor disappointment is that some of the draft beers are pricy ($7) so be aware of that if you plan to do some serious drinking...

Matt L, Owner at Green Lemon, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate being able to see your feedback and look forward to your future visits.

Take care.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Originally called "The Lime", recently had to change names due to another chain's trademark, I guess.

Go for the guac, made fresh right at your table! The 'bowls' are the best, believe me.... no matter which you choose. Although a bit noisy for conversations at times, that reflects on the popularity of the place. When it's that crowded, we get takeout and are just as pleased.

Matt L, Owner at Green Lemon, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit (hopefully you stay and hang out)!

Take care.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Tampa South Howard restaurant scene certainly has a ton of competition, and the Green Lemon holds itself well. I had been to the now closed New Tampa version of this place back when it was called the Lime and I can see how its undergone a bit of a revamp. I actually ended up there 2x this week, once for brunch when its sister restaurant, Daily Eats, was packed on a Saturday and once for dinner after hitting up Sideberns for happy hour. I'll talk about those experiences separately.

Brunch was, simply fantastic. The omelettes were filling and well made. If you like jalapeno & cheddar grits this is a place to get them. We arrived before the guy running the tableside bloody mary cart showed up, but the bar made excellent ones nonetheless. I also managed to get a free mimosa for checking in on Foursquare, which is always nice. Since it was my table's 1st time there, they gave us a free dessert after brunch, perfectly fried churros in creamy vanilla ice cream with flambe bananas and whipped cream, it was heavenly. The one complaint I have is that nickel & dime a bit if you want egg whites, there is an upcharge of $1.

For dinner, it was pretty standard fusion Mexican fare. I got the street taco combo, 3 of their menu's ala cart tacos and a salad for a very nice combo price. The soft taco shells appeared to be freshly made were more of an authentic mexican street street taco. The buffalo check taco worked oddly were and the rare tuna taco was delicious. Unfortunately my steak taco was overcooked, however I do like my steak still mooing so someone else might have a better experience. The chips that we ordered as an appetizer were fresh and tasty. Unfortunately the queso was a little gummy and hardened up very quickly. I'd do chips and guac or salsa next go around as both are much better. Once again, a Foursquare check in yielded a free shot. If you like spicy foods and wine, they also serve Natura Cab Sav at very reasonable $6 a glass that pairs well with the heat.

The atmosphere is nice, bright in the "dining room" with a little bit more of a club feel by the bar. Servers were very attentive and pleasant on both occasions.

So in conclusion, vibrant, overall tasty, and make sure you check in on Foursquare for freebies!

Matt L, Owner at Green Lemon, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate all the feedback and are happy to hear you were at Daily Eats and Green Lemon in one week! Hope to have you back again soon.

Cheers.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family was in town to see a spring training game and visit Busch Gardens. We ended up at Green Lemon because our 14 year old daughter wanted Mexican. The food was delicious and healthy options were offered. All gluten free choices were listed on the menu and they offered their tacos tortilla free (lettuce leaf was subbed.) Since it was our first time visiting, they offered us a free dessert. Really enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank Michelle P
Matt L, Owner at Green Lemon, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Take care!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seven of us went to dinner Monday night. It was our first time here. The atmosphere was great...casual, fun, great buzz! Sports on the TVs. We enjoyed these starters: trio sauces and chips and jalapeño poppers. The fajitas were excellent as we're the salads...I had an ahi tuna salad that was super. The frozen and on-the-rocks margaritas were awesome! Because we were new to the restaurant we got a couple of free desserts to share...(the banana ice cream something or other was fabo!) The service was excellent. Bathrooms were clean. All in all a great spot for a fun night out!

Matt L, Owner at Green Lemon, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Hi there,

I'm sorry this is so belated but thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Hope to see you in the future.