“A must stop!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were visiting Busch Gardens, and had seen this restaurant on Guy Fiero's Dives, Drive-insm and Diners. It was worth the detour. We had the Triple D, and the Cuban Sandwich. Both were amazing, as was the whole experience. If I was close by - I would go there again and enjoy another Triple D!! You will NOT be disappointed - and your children will love it too!! Enjoy!

1  Thank Nooproblem

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Like other reviewers, we were enticed to check out Danny's after watching an episode of Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives. My husband and I agree - it's worth a stop, but we wouldn't go out of our way for it again. The food was average - I had the chili dog and hubby had the burger and fries. He said the fries were awesome but the burger was just average. The place itself sits off the side of a very busy area and is a throwback to the old time burger joints you would see along the side of the road. Give it a try and see what you think!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Good day .. let me start by saying this place is very small and on a side street and the oridinary person may not find it.. however.. Word of Mouth is what gets this place on the map so much that Dives, Drive-ins, Diners visited this location. The staff are incredible and whatever you ask for is given. The Ranch, Chili and Steak and Cheese are incredible. They are very personable and actually we live in Jacksonville, FL and have taken a couple day trips to go to Tampa just to eat there. So glad to say when my company offered me a transfer to Tampa I gladly took it and will now be able to go to Danny's any time I want. The food prices are great and the fries are wonderful too. They have the old bottled soda, that is a little expensive for a drink I think its like $2 bucks.. so bring your own drink if you want to save .. but we like the old time soda still in the bottle it adds something to your enjoyment and meal. Also, don't forget to write on the wall your name and state and what you like about the place.. you will find it in the back and they have a map to show with pins where people have put a pin on their state or even country to state where they are from. They have fans and on a nice rainy day it is very nice to sit under the shelte rand have a great meal and chat. it is located off MLK right off I -4 .. if you are on Interstate 4 you take exit 9 to Interstate 75 and it is the first exit.. it will MLK .. you exit and it will be the first rd to the right.. it is a residential street and when you first turn on you will see a gas station and top a hill and at first you will be like there is no restaurant here, but as soon as you get to the top of the hill. BINGGGGGGGG there it sits waiting for you to digest the ultimate food you will ever experience in your life.
also the owner herself will come out greet you and we have came to know her very well.. we first met them when we drove to Tampa for a Yankees game.. it was the best ever experience..by the way did I mention.. it is a baseball themed restaurant .. Yankees, and other teams are there and if you step inside the front door there is only enough space for maybe two people you will see all of their memorabilla signed and hanging..

just go try it .. you will fall in love. .tell them the Carter's from Jacksonville sent you :) they will know and they will also take great care of you
keep in mind.. they close up at 6pm.. so make sure you get there on time..
4406 N Falkenburg Rd Tampa, FL 33610
(813) 740-0606

Reviewed August 5, 2013

For some reason, this Summer has worked out that we have visited a number of Triple D featured locations. We were in the Tampa area and thought we'd give this place a try. I had the chili cheeseburger and fries. Overall...it was just ok. Chili was rather bland for my taste. Burger was a typical fried on the griddle kind of burger. Nothing special. Bun...same thing...nothing special. Fries were just ok. So for the hype...I'm going with: It's overhyped. BUT...having said that...if you're just lookin' for a good burger and fries...then this place lives up to it's storefront...a roadside stand with decent food. But really not Triple D worthy. Just my 2 cents.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have been disappointed before when trying a restaurant that has been hyped on a Food Network program, but this was possibly our worst experience. We ordered four different sandwiches (a Danny burger, chili cheese burger and two Cubans, one "Mojo" and one "Danny Style.") All four of us agreed that the only one worth sitting at dirty outdoor tables with flies and biting bugs (not sure if they were fleas or mosquitos) for was the Mojo style Cuban. The onion rings and fries were good but fairly average. What really was disturbing was seeing the "storage unit" sitting out back with the door open. It was a cargo container and sat on the ground. Just too many negatives to ever try it again.

1  Thank elsh