“Worth the wait, reality show watching employees inside”

Danny's All American Diner
Ranked #50 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 23, 2013

First the food. The all american chili cheese burger was very good. The chili and red onions gave the burger the special taste. I asked for a grilled bun and got a slight toast. I also order the hot dog with chili and cheese. The chile is very flavorful. The dog was grilled to perfection although the tast was so so. Strawberry shake was OK. The fries were very good. If you order a burger or dog with fries you get a free bottled soda. The cashier didn't volunteer the free soda information, its on the bottom of the menu. I went to try the burger and chili and came away very satisfied I made it part of my trip from Jacksoniville, fl. The wait was long, but it gave time to chat with others. A good amount of the people were there because of DDD.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband wanted to try this place after seeing it on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. It's a really small place and if you're not paying attention, you'll drive right by. FYI, there is parking across the street so if you go, I'd suggest not even bother trying to park in the parking lot next to or behind the restaurant. Just park across the street. We both had one of the burgers. Mine was good. My husband enjoyed his. The burgers are made to order so it takes some time after placing your order to actually get it. There's not a lot of seating so either expect to stand or sit with others (and there's no seating inside...don't even bother going in - just place your order at the window). Overall it's a cute place and they had good food.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went here around 10:30am. I was looking for breakfast and my husband was looking for a burger. He had seen it on diners, driveins and dives. IDanny's was off the beaten path and in the middle of nowhere. We would have never found a place like this. When we pulled up, it was confusing where to order. So we went inside and it was a tiny little trailer. The people were SUPER nice. So we ordered. I had a egg sandwich (0.99) on cuban bread ($1.00). seriously cheap. My husband ordered a burger with the homemade chili. There is no indoor seating, so we sat outside on the picnic benches and waited for the food. It came out quickly and did not disappoint. It was great. Danny later came to ask us how it was. He was really friendly, asked us where we were from. Down to earth guy who makes great food. Another interesting thing about Danny's is that they have soda in glass bottles called cherry wine. It was sweet and different. I wish they would have had a recycling bin for the glass. ANYWAY, overall, it was a great experience and would go there again. One notable item to add....you can order to go. I would probably do that next time. picnic tables were not the most comfortable place to sit.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We come here, like so many others, as a result of being a fan of Diner's, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network. Actually, this was our first Triple D experience and I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd pulled it off a map (flavortownusa.com) that chronicles the visits by Guy Fieri and thought it would make for a fun lunch trip.

We brought our parents along who are Florida snowbirds and made this the first stop on an afternoon trip to Tampa. I have to say, at first blush, this place isn't going to win any awards for curb appeal. Actually, I did a couple of double takes and thought, "This can't be it ?!". We wandered over and saw the spraypainted "tattoo" on the building marking it as a Triple D venue. We grabbed a picnic table and quickly found our order together.

If you're looking for a restaurant with table service or are accustomed to fine dining ... you probably won't stop anyway so don't worry about it. Reviews here that I've read about bad service and terrible facilities seem to forget that this is a take out joint. Take it for what it is and embrace the experience !!! You will have fun !!!

We ordered for 6 and our total was less that $50 !!! Where can you do that !!! the portions were large and really tasty !! We were greeted at the service window by the owner and he was the nicest man !!! He brought the order to our table and staff that were coming and going always took a minute to talk to us and make sure that we had everything we needed.

I had the Triple D triple play and its a sandwich to be reckoned with. A well seasoned burger, with onion ring, jalapeno, pastrami, swiss chesse and mustard on grilled sourdough bread ... WOW, I was very pleasantly surprised by this masterpiece of fast food !!! My wife had the Cuban Danny Style, which was also equally delicious,

The place isn't much to look at, but there is a lot of really good natured people putting their heart into making good food here. This is definitely on our list to go back to next time !!!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Like many others, we stopped here because it was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. We were surprised when we got there to see a small roadside stop with picnic tables, but it was actually kind of fun, not our usual dining experience! We enjoyed the baseball themed menu as we were in Florida for spring training. Our food came out quickly and the portions were huge! The food was good overall. I liked the Cuban bread on my sandwich and the onion rings. I'll be honest, good but not extraordinary - but it was fun and cheap! The two of us ate for under $20.