“Low Quality Service, will NOT return...EVER!”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #294 of 2,447 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had just experienced the worst customer service at Longhorn Steakhouse, 2110 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, FL, that we have experienced anywhere. We arrived at approximately 11:40am on 5/29/13, and were promptly seated by the hostess. Our server, Tony, appeared approximately 10 minutes after we arrived. She took our drink order, and returned 10 minutes later. After placing our order, that was the last time we saw Tony. Another server brought us our entrees after another 20 minute wait. I had to get the attention of the hostess in order to get our drink refills. Our food took forever (or so it seemed) to arrive. We did tell the server we were in a hurry as we had an appointment. I hailed the attention of the manager (he was standing at the hostess stand, not interacting with the guests like he should be) to get additional refills. I told him of our experience. He offered to pay for our meals, which I refused. I was expecting him to say something to the fact that he will make sure this will not happen again, but he did not say anything, except that "he was sorry". We frequent this restaurant three times per week or more, as well as Red Lobster and Olive Garden. The low quality service we received is an embarrassment to the Darden organization. I have never experienced such low quality service as we did today. There are dozens of other restaurants on Fowler Avenue looking for loyal customer and their dollars. If the manager spent more time interacting with the customers, situations like this would be minimized. I thought Darden had higher standards than what we had experienced.

Any business would not exist without customers. And if you have customers, you have to have customer service. Everybody talks about the importance of good customer service, but few seem to follow through on it.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had a party of 30 people. The service was okand the food was great! The waiters/waitressess could have had more persinality, but we we didn't pay any attention to them.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My wife and I took my son and girlfriend here for our last night in Tampa. We moved them to Tampa and were heading home to New York. My wife has eaten at a Longhorn in Texas and it was good. My son ordered his ribeye medium rare and it came very rare like raw. He sent it back and it came out about the same. He had to send it back again. It did come right after that. My parmesean crusted sirloin was ordered medium rare and it was perfect and very tasty. We had the Texas tonians and wild west shrimp appetizers and they were both excellent. Service was very good and the manager did pick up the cost of my sons steak and was very apologetic. Overall everything was good.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We arrived late in the evening and were told we may need to wait for 20 minutes or so ended up only being 5 minutes. Side salad was huge with the meal, the meat they use is very good quality one person had t bone steak the other chicken. Had to share a dessert as it was so large.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The service is slow and the restaurant was empty.
The steak was fatty and the salads had bad lettuce mixed in.
The tables wasn't clean when we sat down.
Location Westchase

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!