“Outstanding”

Pointe Cafe
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Outstanding”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We read about this cafe (not on TripAdvisor) and based on some outstanding comments we decided to drive the 30 minutes from the beach in Sand Key to check this place out. After dining there, I'll say that I would walk there if that's what it would take to have another fabulous meal in the Tampa area. First, don't let it being in a strip mall turn you away. I have found that some of the best restaurants I have I been to (Vegas, Minneapolis , D.C.) are found in out of the way strip malls. This place is no exception. The food, from favor to presentation was top notch. The service excellent and the ambiance very amenable to conversation.
Started with the beet salad, which actually had beets, not hidden with greens. It was wonderful with the fresh earthy taste that you expect. The scallops were seared to perfection, placed on top of a small portion of short ribs that were beyond great. I had the short rib entree that had the depth of all day preparation with a savory finish that I love. They have a very nice wine selection, reasonable at that. Mark was our server and turn an ordinary evening to an experience. Thank you Mark.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank zek7717

Tampa, Florida
“Take Your Best Client Here for Lunch!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Small restaurant with fabulous food - a good place to take your best client for lunch! Not elegant, but a great dining experience!

Visited November 2011