“Amazing Little Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Terra Sur Cafe

Terra Sur Cafe
Ranked #293 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amazing Little Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This little place packs a big punch. The food is phenomenal! Today was my second time eating there and the experience was just as good as the first, if not better. I ordered a house salad because the dressing is amazing! Then I got the Mango & Camarones Ceviche. The citrus sauce that comes on their ceviche is to die for! I also had the tres leches cake which was honestly the best version I've had of that anywhere to date. I had the same server as the last time I went here (both were late-lunches) and she was sweet, helpful and attentive. The wine list is extensive and the various types of ceviche is great if you love ceviche!

If I didn't have somewhere to be shortly after, I would have stayed and order another round of the entire meal!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank tristabrophy

Tampa, Florida
“Good food, service needs improvement...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I have been to Terra Sur various times, different days, and different times. While the food is top notch, the service is consistenly poor - it does not matter if it is a weekend night, or a weekday lunch time. We have visited several times because their food is really above what you get in other Peruvian restaurants, but we always complain about how bad the service is. I also think that their wines and beers are a bit overpriced, so I would not order any of it there. My suggestion is to visit Terra Sur - for sure! But don't expect your server to come check on you as often as they should and don't spend your money on alcoholic beverages there - they will be more expensive than your meal!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank MCrnkovich
Tampa, FL
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

A friend of ours invited us to this restaurant for dinner. It is in a non-descript little strip plaza off of Ehrlich Rd in Tampa. Don't let the location fool you! We enjoyed everything about our dinner!

The wine and beer selection is very good. I had a fantastic Spanish Rioja that went great with my dinner of shrimp risotto. my husband enjoyed the skirt steak, which was cooked to order and was very tender and tasty. Our friend enjoyed the chorizo and blood sausage with the white sangria.

The atmosphere and service were excellent and the prices were reasonable. We will definitely be back!

Tampa, Florida, United States
“Different, delicious and adventurous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Looking for something new, something great? Well you will have to look hard to find Terra Sur and it's sister wine bar Cepas but it is well worth the hunt! It's located behind a super market after the elbow turns right in the strip mall. The food is amazing and the wine list is hand crafted by the owner, who has a sixth sense for matching the cuisine to the wine. The flavors range from subtle to bold, be as adventurous as you like, and you will not be dissappointed! The Peruvian style of preparation is evident in the signature dishes that combine potatoes, veggies and beef or chicken in a unique way. Everything on the menus is fantastic, and since this is a regular dining location for me I have had almost everything on the menu and can honestly say I have never been disappointed. LOVE IT....Give it a try and you will be a regular too.

• Visited June 2012
“WOW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

A small hidden place that has great food and an incredible wine and craft beer lists. The food and service are incredible, the staff is very attentive and helpful with making great food and wine pairings.

My only concern is the lack of proper A/C. On both of my visits, it was a little warm.... Especially in the back of the restaurant. But nothing that would stop me from coming back and enjoying a great meal with a equally nice wine.

Overal, great food and wine for a good price. Decor is perfectly suited for the atmosphere.