“This was recommended to us by several people”
Review of Gator's Dockside

Gator's Dockside
Ranked #213 of 2,565 Restaurants in Tampa
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We're glad we went there. The bartender and Laura, our server, were so attentive and solicitous. I explained to Laura how I'd like my meal prepared. She relayed that to chef/manager and she came back to give me his feedback. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal and would certainly return and recommend it to others.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

While visiting the children who go to USF we like to stop at Gator's for a meal which is a sports bar type of atmosphere.

Yes, it is the typical bar food menu but it is EXCELLENT food. There is a wide variety of appetizers and there is a lot to choose from if you want to order a sandwich. I'm pretty sure they have a meal type of dinner if you would like.

We had from a spinach dip appetizer, to a burger stuffed like a reuban sandwich, to a clam poo-boy, to a cheese burger topped with bacon and mushrooms, to another stuffed burger, etc. EVERYONE loved what they got. I was the one that got the cheese burger topped with the bacon and mushrooms. OMG, I thought I died and gone to heaven. It was delicious. I asked for it rare and I received it rare. YUM!!!!! Also, the onion rings and fries were very good.

The restaurant was busy but the service was very good. It is a clean place. They have a lot of TV's mounted all over. The draft beer is COLD. They came around to refill the tea & soft drink glasses without asking.

Yes, we have gone there a few times and have enjoyed it every time very much. We have two more years until the granddaughter graduates so we will definitely go back.....

Thanks, Gator's!!!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family had very different likes/dislikes in food and this was perfect for all of us. There is a great selection on the menu of foods. The gator bites from the appetizer menu tasted great and the dipping sauce is really tasty! The waitress was helpful in letting us taste different dipping sauces for the wings in order to make our choices. I would recommend this for families, and it is close to Busch Gardens. It was much cheaper to eat here than eating at the amusement park and the portions were pretty hefty!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

food wasnt the best, not worth the money we spent on anything. Food was LESS than average.I would have gotten a better deal at a chinese resteraunt.Food was awful.Although the staff was average.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I went this past weekend with my girlfriend and her family. I got the grilled jerk chicken sandwich with fries. The fries were not hot and the chicken was so thin you could almost see through it and it was suppose to be jerk seasoned but had very little flavor to it. My girlfriend got the philly cheesesteak and it was pretty bland, not much flavor. I have been here before and ordered the wings and they were good but I was very disappointed with this visit.