“Great accommodations!”

Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Ranked #83 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 6, 2014

From check-in to check-out, it was a great experience. The check-in staff member was extremely friendly, knowledgable and helpful. The room was very clean as was the lobby area. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Tampa Brandon

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I am a rewards member and devout Marriott customer. Reservation booked online using a discounted rate. Showed up around 10:30pm on March 17 after the Lightning game and was told rudely and bluntly by Yusiff Belal that my credit card to guarantee the reservation was rejected. "We tried your card at 6pm and it did not go through so we gave your room away."

I asked why a phone call was not made to me and, again, was told very bluntly and rudely that they do not do that. If this is the policy, I can somewhat understand. But at the same time, why ask for our contact information when making a reservation online? Travellers are arriving from all over the world, flying/driving incredibly long distances to show up in the middle of the night, only to have a rude front desk agent tell them their room was given away and that the hotel (and all other Marriott properties nearby) is full? I asked to see a copy of the cancellation made by them and he said he could not produce it. I even had another woman, a complete stranger, who was checking in at the same time as me and was hearing everything absolutely rip into Yusiff and this Marriott property for leaving a loyal customer stranded like this and for the poor service being shown.

The undeniable perception is that my discounted room was bumped for a full-price paying customer. Brad Spurlock, General Manager, needs to ensure this never happens again to anyone. It's called the hospitality industry for a damn reason. I'm here to tell everyone who relies on TripAdvisor how inhospitable the Courtyard Tampa Brandon was for my pregnant wife and myself.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank VanCityCanuck84
Brad S, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Brandon/Tampa.

You indicated in your response that your Overall Satisfaction was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Brad Spurlock

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I found this hotel to be quite nice. The rooms were well furnished and the staff was friendly and accommodating. Didn't get to try the restaurant but it smelled great. Only issue I had was the lack of parking. They share a lot with the Fairfield and on a busy weekend parking is hard to come by.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I spent a couple of days here while visiting with family in Sun City Center. The service was outstanding from the minute we walked in the door after and long and exhausting flight from Buffalo. Yusef (sorry, pretty sure that is spelled incorrectly) and Ivan were personable and friendly! Ivan stayed and fixed us dinner even though it was closing time for the Bistro. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was easy to find using our GPS, one caution though, there are toll roads that required an electronic pass, Be careful because there is no way to pay.

We will use this property in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2014

we are return travelers to this property! the staff is very helpful and friendly! our favorite is the indoor pool! my kids always look forward to staying at this property because they know no matter the weather they are going swimming. Good location awell.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sulimar M
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Returned from business trip and wifi was spotty so doing business from room was tough. Great customer service and many dining options within 10-15 minute drive. Driveway to hotel not well lit at night and probably not so safe for female traveler to walk /run as it is inset major cross streets that drivers seem drive fast around there.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed here overnight while on my way back up North. I was appreciative of the cleanliness of my room and the bed was very comfortable. Staff was also friendly and helpful. The local Hooter's nearby is not very good though - I suggest trying Cherry's Bar and Grill which is actually a little closer to this hotel. Good food there. I'm really impressed with Courtyard - don't believe I've had a bad stay at any Courtyard yet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon

Been to Courtyard Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!