Platinum with Marriott, Holiday Inn. Diamond with Hilton. Gold with Starwood. Average 150 nights a year. Worst year: 332 nights.
This is a Fairfield Inn - which is the Marriott Company's Budget non-suite brand. The franchisee owns several other properties immediately adjacent to this one. Their properties are generally well maintained, and I have stayed at all of them. If you are expecting a JW Marriott or Ritz Carlton for $99/night, you're going to be disappointed. If you want a clean hotel for a fair price, you'll be content.
Upon arrival, my room's air conditioning unit did not operate. I called the front desk, and the young man immediately came up, fiddled with the controls and said "it doesn't work, but I brought a key for another one just in case." He then escorted me to the new room, ensured that the air worked, and then left.
The 'suite' room appears to be the slightly larger (4 ft deeper perhaps?) than the regular room. It is separated by a semi-wall in the middle with a sofa bed, desk, tv, and stereo on the bathroom side, and a bed, closet, TV armoire on the window side. The furnishings are somewhat dated, though functional. The bed is comfortable, as are the pillows. The hotel was pretty clean - which is impressive for a budget hotel that is not new. The bathroom is functional, but clean (even the shower curtain) with good water pressure. My only complaint is the bath towels closely resemble white 60 grit sandpaper. Even budget travelers deserve soft towels. The fitness center was sub-standard. It has a good treadmill, an awkward elliptical, and a recumbent bike whose seat makes a noise with every revolution. All equipment was by Precor. The free continental breakfast is what you would expect. I chose to walk across the parking lot to the Courtyard to order from the menu. I also usually walk to the Embassy Suites for dinner or a drink when I return late. There is a fire station adjacent to the hotel, and the occasional siren is audible. Wireless internet access is reasonable. The iron contained calcified stains on the steam outlets and the steam control lever was broken off. The ironing board had no padding, and I had a grid like pattern on my clothes (the pattern quickly dissipated). (TIP: always run the iron over a towel before your clothes and use the clean button if available to remove the mineral deposits on teh towels instead of your clothing!)
Air Filter factor: 7/10 (overall clean, maybe 3 weeks of dirt)
Internet Speed: 7/10 (download 3.45MBps, upload 1.86 MBps)
Location: 7/10 (convenient to my office, not close to beach, downtown, Busch Gardens, Ybor, etc. unless you are on a budget and can't find anything closer and cheaper)
Friendliness of Staff: 7/10 ("hello" "goodbye" "thank you")
Restaurant: 7/10 (familiar breakfast buffet)
Checkin/Checkout: 10/10 (tough to screw this up)
Parking: 8/10 (lot is shared with Courtyard. Property has 2 Platinum spaces near entrance)
Furnishings: 7/10 (functional, dated)
Fitness Ctr: 5/10
Good value. You get what you pay for. Keep that in mind, and you shouldn't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon offers newly-renovated rooms and suites and an ideal location among hotels in Brandon, just minutes from Downtown Tampa, Busch Gardens, The Florida Aquarium, and Ybor City. Our new guest rooms feature plush mattresses, flat-screen TVs with premium cable and mini-fridges. We even have free WiFi throughout the hotel. Start your day at our complimentary breakfast buffet providing a delicious selection of fruits, cereals, and Belgian waffles. Maintain your active lifestyle at our 24-hour fitness center, or take a relaxing swim in the heated outdoor pool as you soak in the Florida sun. The Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon offers a prime location, just off I-75, and renovated amenities that make it one of the best hotels in Brandon, FL. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Hotel Tampa
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Tampa Brandon
- Fairfield Inn Tampa
- Fairfield Tampa
- Tampa Fairfield Inn