“It is an ok hotel.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Budapest, Hungary
“It is an ok hotel.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have to give a poor rating to this hotel and the only reason is because it is VERY dated!
As others pointed out before me the hotel is quite dated, definetly not up with Fairfield standards. In my last couple trips to the US I've stayed always with Fairfield and was always pleased with the hotel and staff.
This was the only hotel where I was not so pleased. Again not with the staff but with the dated building/room itself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found the staff friendly and the scored the hotel well on cleanliness. I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel. I hope you will return and experience the same great service and new modern up to date hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

Bret Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Union City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a very affordable hotel. It is within walking distance of various restaurants and shops. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool was nice and a great place to recover from along night of partying. Another awesome recovery tool was the complementary breakfast. Overall fun experience and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Baltimore
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here only one night on a quick stopover for business. First item that was slightly annoying was the large potted plant that blocked the walkway from the side parking lot to the entrance, had to step back onto the asphalt and back up on the curb to get around, minro but annoying. The young lady at the front desk was very pleasant and quick. There was a young man their sitting up on a side counter talking with her, I think maybe her boyfriend, not the most professional move. The hotel itself looks like it has some age, but was clean and neat. The room was nice, pillows were a bit too soft nothing firm. Left before breakfast so I can not comment on that. When I was leaving I noticed the the trashcan outside was completely full and overflowing onto the ground, not the best final impression. All in all this would be ok for 1 night, but there are many other hotels right in this area so there may be some better options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry the planter was in your way, we have moved it back in front of the pillar where it belongs. I am glad you found the staff friendly. I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel. I hope you will return and experience the same great service and new modern up to date hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an affordable hotel but not the best. The first thing we noticed upon check in was a busy, sort of aloof and cranky front desk girl. This was the night of July 3. I asked about a rollaway bed and she seemed to be preoccupied with the TV in the lobby. But, we were tired and were just happy to have a night's sleep on our long drive. The rooms are small and they are double beds. The bathrooms are basic. The breakfast was nice though, it's great when there are options like fresh yogurt and hard boiled eggs and the waffle maker is always a hit with kids. But again, service at breakfast was not great - my son dropped the tongs for the bacon and the older lady working that morning seemed annoyed to have to get us a new one from the kitchen. Free internet is great too. For the area, I've stayed at better Marriott locations even in this price range, but for an average night this isn't bad.Just work on the service of your staff and this could be better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear about the service you encountered during your stay, we pride ourselves on our friendly service and while your experience is not the norm, your detailed account of your experience has allowed me to take steps to improve our service and ensure that everyone in the future receives the best possible service. We will begin our full lobby renovation in early November. I hope you will return to give us another try in the future.

Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Tampa for a weekend getaway with my sisters. We are club bangers, the hotel was great and the staff allowed us to get late check out which I was greatful for. They have complimentary breakfast, but we were knocked out. YBOR city has a lot of excitement. Hotel staff was great. Room was clean and everything I expected.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank legalstudies
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad we helped you accomplish your goals for the weekend. Ybor is close enough to take a cab but far enough away that you are able to get a room that allows you to go to bed early or sleep in late and miss breakfast!

Efland, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Brandon is an average hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. The location of the hotel is great. It is three minutes from just about anything you can imagine. There's a mall, Wal-Mart, Target, and any restaurant you would want to eat at. There is nothing exceptiional about the hotel itself, but I would easily recommend it to anyone staying in The Tampa/Brandon area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, We have some exciting changes coming. The hotel should begin a full renovation in the last quarter of this year. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Gouda, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel and although it need some remodeling we like it very much. Staff, from the GM to the maids are wonderful, rooms are clean, breakfast is good (especially with the new hot additions) and the location is the best with a lot of restaurants and close to the mall.

We highly recommend this hotel to everybody who needs a nice an clean room and doesn't want to pay too much money.

Thanks Brett for another great stay at your hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, I always enjoy our conversations at breakfast each morning. We have some exciting changes coming. The hotel should begin a full renovation in the last quarter of this year. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Bret Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#75 of 163 in Tampa
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!