“Older hotel, not the best service but ok for a night”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #82 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an affordable hotel but not the best. The first thing we noticed upon check in was a busy, sort of aloof and cranky front desk girl. This was the night of July 3. I asked about a rollaway bed and she seemed to be preoccupied with the TV in the lobby. But, we were tired and were just happy to have a night's sleep on our long drive. The rooms are small and they are double beds. The bathrooms are basic. The breakfast was nice though, it's great when there are options like fresh yogurt and hard boiled eggs and the waffle maker is always a hit with kids. But again, service at breakfast was not great - my son dropped the tongs for the bacon and the older lady working that morning seemed annoyed to have to get us a new one from the kitchen. Free internet is great too. For the area, I've stayed at better Marriott locations even in this price range, but for an average night this isn't bad.Just work on the service of your staff and this could be better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear about the service you encountered during your stay, we pride ourselves on our friendly service and while your experience is not the norm, your detailed account of your experience has allowed me to take steps to improve our service and ensure that everyone in the future receives the best possible service. We will begin our full lobby renovation in early November. I hope you will return to give us another try in the future.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Tampa for a weekend getaway with my sisters. We are club bangers, the hotel was great and the staff allowed us to get late check out which I was greatful for. They have complimentary breakfast, but we were knocked out. YBOR city has a lot of excitement. Hotel staff was great. Room was clean and everything I expected.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank legalstudies
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, I am glad we helped you accomplish your goals for the weekend. Ybor is close enough to take a cab but far enough away that you are able to get a room that allows you to go to bed early or sleep in late and miss breakfast!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Fairfield Inn in Brandon is an average hotel. The staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. The location of the hotel is great. It is three minutes from just about anything you can imagine. There's a mall, Wal-Mart, Target, and any restaurant you would want to eat at. There is nothing exceptiional about the hotel itself, but I would easily recommend it to anyone staying in The Tampa/Brandon area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, We have some exciting changes coming. The hotel should begin a full renovation in the last quarter of this year. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Make it a great day,

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel and although it need some remodeling we like it very much. Staff, from the GM to the maids are wonderful, rooms are clean, breakfast is good (especially with the new hot additions) and the location is the best with a lot of restaurants and close to the mall.

We highly recommend this hotel to everybody who needs a nice an clean room and doesn't want to pay too much money.

Thanks Brett for another great stay at your hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, I always enjoy our conversations at breakfast each morning. We have some exciting changes coming. The hotel should begin a full renovation in the last quarter of this year. I look forward to your next stay with us.

Make it a great day,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Fairfield was great. Swift check in, very helpful girl at the front desk. I sent my husband down to get a toothbrush and apparently they were out of them, so she ran across the lot to the Courtyard Marriott and got one from them. She went the extra mile-instead of saying "we are out of them". As usual with a Marriott stay-the beds were very comfortable, nice clean room. Very convenient location to restaurants and mall. The breakfast was great-we loved the bacon instead of sausage. Will stay here again when we return to the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Everyone on staff were very courteous and attentive to my family’s needs. When I arrived at Fairfield Inn & Suites the front desk checked me in and gave me a map to the local restaurants. He also was proactive to tell me the breakfast times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Because I was traveling alone I especially appreciated the grab bars in the shower. The breakfast in the morning was excellent with a lot to offer and satisfy the appetite. I also appreciated the computer help at the front desk and being able to check my e-mail while away from home. Good selection of snacks in the lobby and the location of the hotel is close to everything.

Room Tip: I was given a room facing west, a good distance from the elevator, top floor right across from the e...