“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was a very nice stay and easy location to restaurants. Breakfast was good with alot of options. Pool could have been a bit cleaner.....alot of stuff floating on top pf the water. Over all a nice place!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad you found the breakfast plentiful and it is about to get even better. We will be rolling out a new breakfast program which will include bacon or sausage and an egg option each morning in the middle of the year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had to get to FL quickly due to a personal matter. We wanted to use points and it semed that virtually all hotels were booked in the area. I'm a big Marriott fan but this one needs some upgrades. It was perfect for the location and for literally just to sleep. When I booked I booked a room with double beds but we were given a king. We arrived for late check in at 11pm and the hotel was sold out so that night we dealth with the king. We got a roll away for the 2nd evening. I was traveling with my father and uncle. We were told they were oversold the next night by 5 rooms. The room was small with no 'suite' like atmosphere. The breakfast was fine but small quarters for the amount in the hotel. The staff was excellent though but hotel itself could use some renovating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 18, 2013

Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This property does nothing for Marriott's Fairfield Inn brand image. On the plus side the location is good "if" you are traveling on I-75. Big shopping center with everything you want across the street. Only 7 miles from downtown Tampa or Ybor City area. On the downside, the place needs renovation. Some of the lounge chairs in the lobby were apparently so worn/dirty?? that they had simply been covered with stretch seat covers like you buy at a dollar store. Horrible first impression. Carpet in the hallways worn & stained with holes by the elevator entrance. Housekeeping in the room was OK, but wouldn't pick this place again. To the Manager's credit however, he was quick to acknowledge our complaints & did not try to deny the problems. He definitely deserves to work at a better property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

It has been an on going relationship with this particular location since 2001. Each time we have had the privilege of meeting outstanding front service desk individuals and housekeeping staff. The only concern I have is that not enough low or no-sugar added items are offered on the breakfast buffet-especially would appreciate sugar free hot cocoa mix. Definitely would recommend this location which offers easy accessibility to I-4 and well as I-75 and I-275. Thanks again for the excellent service.

Room Tip: Always appreciate location on the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Lake City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am staying here now as I write this review. The hotel has many issues and is definitely the worst Fairfield Inn and Suites I have stayed. First off, I should note that I am staying here by using reward points from Marriott Rewards and that I am a gold member. I always pre-request a top floor, quiet room. The room I got is on the middle floor and overlooks the front door (a noisy area). It is even worse because the building has paper thin walls and no insulation around the windows. By the way, if you are a Big Foot hunter, he is right above me!

I would not recommend staying here again. Little does the hotel know that I was testing them out, as I have a 90-100 day project in the Tampa/Brandon area and have been trying some of the different hotels. They lost on the shot at 90+ paid room nights by not even honoring my basic requests.

Room Tip: Find a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Shacker06
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel.

Make it a great day,
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Everyone was friendly, polite, wanted to help and were very knowledgeable. The room was more than adequate even though the age showed. The breakfast was excellent. The front desk clerk was outstanding and gave us a choice of floors.

Room Tip: I need the tip.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am frequently in Tampa for business, and stay at the Fairfield Inn because of their proximity to my office. It is a decent place to stay for the intended purpose. It is an older facility and could use some improvements. My recent stay found sleeping in a sagging mattress and the heater not working properly. They may also want to upgrade their TVs with a "sleep" feature. As minimal as it may sound, I play the TV when going to bed to help drown out activity going on outside (traffic, visitors walking/talking/celebrating/etc). I more than likely stay again for business trips, but I don't think it would be my choice for vacation/pleasure purposes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerry H
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. We have a lot of exciting upgrades coming this year to improve the property. We will be rolling out a new breakfast program which will include bacon or sausage and an egg option each morning in the middle of the year. The beds, fridges and microwaves are also slated to be addressed in 2013. The TV question is a new one for me; I have not completely familiarized myself with our new flat panel HD TV’s yet, but I will look into it and the next time you are in town stop by the front desk or grab in breakfast and I will have an answer for you. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Bret Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!