“Would not stay again”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake City, Florida
“Would not stay again”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am staying here now as I write this review. The hotel has many issues and is definitely the worst Fairfield Inn and Suites I have stayed. First off, I should note that I am staying here by using reward points from Marriott Rewards and that I am a gold member. I always pre-request a top floor, quiet room. The room I got is on the middle floor and overlooks the front door (a noisy area). It is even worse because the building has paper thin walls and no insulation around the windows. By the way, if you are a Big Foot hunter, he is right above me!

I would not recommend staying here again. Little does the hotel know that I was testing them out, as I have a 90-100 day project in the Tampa/Brandon area and have been trying some of the different hotels. They lost on the shot at 90+ paid room nights by not even honoring my basic requests.

Room Tip: Find a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shacker06
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel.

Make it a great day,
Bret Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Everyone was friendly, polite, wanted to help and were very knowledgeable. The room was more than adequate even though the age showed. The breakfast was excellent. The front desk clerk was outstanding and gave us a choice of floors.

Room Tip: I need the tip.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am frequently in Tampa for business, and stay at the Fairfield Inn because of their proximity to my office. It is a decent place to stay for the intended purpose. It is an older facility and could use some improvements. My recent stay found sleeping in a sagging mattress and the heater not working properly. They may also want to upgrade their TVs with a "sleep" feature. As minimal as it may sound, I play the TV when going to bed to help drown out activity going on outside (traffic, visitors walking/talking/celebrating/etc). I more than likely stay again for business trips, but I don't think it would be my choice for vacation/pleasure purposes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerry H
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. We have a lot of exciting upgrades coming this year to improve the property. We will be rolling out a new breakfast program which will include bacon or sausage and an egg option each morning in the middle of the year. The beds, fridges and microwaves are also slated to be addressed in 2013. The TV question is a new one for me; I have not completely familiarized myself with our new flat panel HD TV’s yet, but I will look into it and the next time you are in town stop by the front desk or grab in breakfast and I will have an answer for you. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Allentown, New Jersey
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was in the Tampa are for the weekend and needed a decent hotel and a decent price. The Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon certainly met and exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was great; very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

CLEVELAND
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in room 300. We had a problem with the sink not draining properly. I forgot to report this to staff. We were in Brandon for a funeral, and the entire staff greeted us each time we went in and out if the hotel. It was one if the best hotel stays in a long time.

• Stayed January 2013
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience. I appreciate you letting us know about the tub and am glad the staff was available during what can be a stressful time I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It's an older hotel, but fine for a night or 2. Complimentary parking is available on the premise. It is located close to restaurants such as Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bob Evans and Denny's. You can find something to eat within a 1-5 miles radius. The staff was nice and professional.

The room was OK. It had a good layout with a separate shower, toilet & sink area. An exhaust fan is included. The bedding was all right. Overall, the entire hotel was average. The only complaint is that the maid would knock on the door before check-out time despite the Do Not Disturb sign.

There's not much to say about this hotel. Usually Marriott hotels are good and some Fairfield Inns are nice, but this one was a slight exception.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience. I apologize about the housekeeper waking you. I have used your experience as a training topic at everyone of our daily meetings this week to ensure that others will not experience the same issue you did. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed January 7, 2013

was attending the 2013 OutBack Bowl and stayed here on New Years Eve , the hotel was an excellent property, great location. It fit all my needs and Morgan at the front desk took very good care of myself and the other parties I had coming to meet us for rooms. All of us enjoyed the breakfast offerings morning of the game and access to the stadium was very quick and easy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience. I know you have a choice when staying in Tampa and appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Bret Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#74 of 163 in Tampa
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!