“Good Quality, Comfortable & Clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #28 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Boynton Beach, United States
“Good Quality, Comfortable & Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. It's a nice business-class hotel, with basic accommodations...but nothing too fancy. The hotel isn't new, but it seems to have been renovated fairly recently. Everything in my room was clean and in good shape, including the bathroom. The duvet on the beds are changed for each guest, which is great. I had free wi-fi in my room, which is a must for me! The bar food was good and affordable enough, but the kitchen closed too early at night, and even room service wasn't available after 9pm. The breakfast is good, but one morning, the waitress didn't even notice me...not good if you're in a hurry. The rest of the staff was very nice, friendly, and extremely helpful. If you want good service at an affordable price, this is a great hotel. And it's walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Ybor City, and close to the interstate. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your first review on trip advisor and thank you for selecting our hotel to start! I appreciate your specific feedback and pointing out highlights of our hotel. We were renovated within the past year so thank you for pointing this out. The Hilton Garden Inn has implemented "project grow" which you experienced during your stay the new lobby makeover and many have echoed your sentiments and we have have great feedback from our guests. I do have to apologize about the waitress missing you, we are in the service business and this seems like a shortfall that I will pay more attention to so thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Clean and comfortable room, very good staff and a nice breakfast. Only problem was that the A/C was kind of loud...didn't bother asking for a different room as I was only staying two nights. Very short walk to Centro Ybor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and for taking the time to write a review. We have an energy saving coolant system that runs usually efficient and quiet and I do apologize that was not the case in your situation. Being close to Centro YBOR is definitely a positive (they are on the opposite corner of our block) with the awesome restaurants there it is hard to stay away! Please come back again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my sister and her friends this past July. She likes the ybor nightlife so that's why we choose this hotel. The hotel was really nice. Very clean and the beds were comfy. The breakfast was also surprising very good even though we only ate here once. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. As a top contributor to trip advisor I am very glad to read your positive review. I appreciated that you viewed us as "clean and comfy". I also appreciated your comments about our restaurant, we have made leaps and bounds in just a few months and we seemed to be hitting on all cylinders during your stay and although you cant see me I am smiling as you made my day! Thank you!
Bradenton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent accommodations adjacent to Centinnenial Park Ybor City. Clean, spacious, confortable room close to race and post race night life. Hospitable & courteous staff Excellent breakfast available. Plan to return next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and I appreciate you being to the point. I appreciated you using the words "excellent, courteous and hospitable" these are all very upbuilding to myself and staff and it shows that we are making a difference, so thank you again and we do look forward to you coming back next year!
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We loved the lobby and courtyard area of this hotel, both were great to relax in. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean and sunny, but the hot tub was on the cool side for me. The location is great, just one block from all the restaurants on the main street in Ybor, and one block from a little park where there are wild chickens and roosters! The decor of the rooms were clean and nice, but we found the bed to be very, very soft. We also loved the flavoured water available in the lobby. Overall I would recommend it, but next time I stay I would call ahead to request the hot tub is turned up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and commenting about some specifics for other travelers. As a traveler myself I can appreciate reading reviews that are written like yours. The roosters that comb the area are a mainstay to YBOR city, I have not found out who the owners are and I have seen them in all parts of town, they must be famous as I see so many people taking pictures of them! We hope that you come back to see us again soon.
Tequesta, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Ybor is always a Great place to stay. The entire staff is always very friendly and helpful. If I have ever had an issue it is always resolved promptly. The staff are all very nice!! All-In-All, A Great place to stay in Tampa, Florida.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your second review of our property and for staying with us again! The repeat stays are what make us successful and we could not do it without you! I am so happy that you find our service and staff to be great, it makes my job easy when I have great staff and when I get to share comments such as these with them, so again thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!
Stuart, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Entire staff was very helpful and made our stay fun and enjoyable.Check in was easy, and many rooms were available early. We used the lobby as a gathering spot, and the bar and restaurant went out of their way to accommodate us and our guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your positive review and going out of your way to point out our staff and the service that they provided to you. We strive to satisfy all of our guests and I am glad we hit the mark with your group. I am hoping that you have many happy years of wedded bliss and hope that you come see us again in the future, maybe on your anniversary? Many regards!