“Beautiful grounds, great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #25 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
toronto
“Beautiful grounds, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We loved the lobby and courtyard area of this hotel, both were great to relax in. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean and sunny, but the hot tub was on the cool side for me. The location is great, just one block from all the restaurants on the main street in Ybor, and one block from a little park where there are wild chickens and roosters! The decor of the rooms were clean and nice, but we found the bed to be very, very soft. We also loved the flavoured water available in the lobby. Overall I would recommend it, but next time I stay I would call ahead to request the hot tub is turned up.

• 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and commenting about some specifics for other travelers. As a traveler myself I can appreciate reading reviews that are written like yours. The roosters that comb the area are a mainstay to YBOR city, I have not found out who the owners are and I have seen them in all parts of town, they must be famous as I see so many people taking pictures of them! We hope that you come back to see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Tequesta, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Ybor is always a Great place to stay. The entire staff is always very friendly and helpful. If I have ever had an issue it is always resolved promptly. The staff are all very nice!! All-In-All, A Great place to stay in Tampa, Florida.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your second review of our property and for staying with us again! The repeat stays are what make us successful and we could not do it without you! I am so happy that you find our service and staff to be great, it makes my job easy when I have great staff and when I get to share comments such as these with them, so again thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!
Stuart, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Entire staff was very helpful and made our stay fun and enjoyable.Check in was easy, and many rooms were available early. We used the lobby as a gathering spot, and the bar and restaurant went out of their way to accommodate us and our guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your positive review and going out of your way to point out our staff and the service that they provided to you. We strive to satisfy all of our guests and I am glad we hit the mark with your group. I am hoping that you have many happy years of wedded bliss and hope that you come see us again in the future, maybe on your anniversary? Many regards!
Manatee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great location in the heart of Ybor city, but overly brown decor was quite boring. The room was average for the price. (well over 100.00) No hair dryer in room. Would have been priced right if parking and breakfast was included.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and comments about our hotel and your first review on trip advisor. This is a tool used by many to shop for hotels and your comments may seem on the negative. We have renovated our entire hotel matching our brand standards and we have had so many positive comments thus far. I am sorry that you find our decor not to your liking and having to pay for breakfast is a brand standard that I am happy to say will continue to be a staple with our brand. A hot cooked to order and buffet breakfast is an option that I far favor to offer our guests with a wide spectrum of needs having really any breakfast item the way you want it and not fresh from the freezer! I appreciate trip advisor allowing managers to respond and I hope this will continue as I believe it helps travelers see both sides
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Recently we spent a night at this hotel. The stay was O.K., but seriously the prices for this place are a bit ridiculous. To add insult to injury, they charge additionally for parking which is just plain greedy. Also they skimp on the in room coffee supply, and you have to contact the front desk for lots of little extras -- like cups. For the price of the room they really shouldn't be so chintzy. We stay there because it is within walking distance to Ybor, other than that it is just another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I want to respond to your comments without sounding defensive. We have to charge for parking due to the very high demand in our area for parking and for us to provide security and patrolling the lot for non guests this fee is a must. As far as coffee in rooms we have our brand new Kuerig coffee makers in every room and supply four total Kuerig cups in every room of a variety of coffee and tea and we refresh daily. In my daily rounds I have been looking at the usage for our owners and four cups has satisfied the majority of our travelers and I am sorry that it did not in your case. Please reach out to me the next visit and I will make sure that we have an ample supply for you. We hope to make your stay better than "ok" next time around.
Stuart, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel at least 2-3 times a year whenever we need an in state get away and any complaints we have ever had have been alleviated with the beautiful renovations. In the past we've had issues checking in and with the elevator not working. Even through the times when then lobby area was closed and we checked in in a guest room - the staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. You cannot beat the location if you are planning to visit the Ybor night life. And despite the reputation of the area we have never had any security problems even when we stayed out into the wee hours of the morning. I love this hotel and will be back soon.

1 Thank DonnaEChrisF
Thank you for your review of our property. I will share this review with our owners and I am sure they will be pleased to know about your comments. We have had favorable reviews about our lobby renovations. When I first came in I appreciated the same things that you did. We hope to be your getaway location for years to come, we hope to see you again soon!
cape coral, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good place to stay. It is an easy walk to different places in Ybor City. Nice and friendly staff. Rooms are nice and clean. Nice looking lobby. It is a shame to have to pay separate for the parking, as it should be included in the price of the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the compliments and being specific about our hotel and staff. We truly appreciate your feedback. As far as parking we have taken all of the comments that we receive on trip advisor and via Hilton into consideration. For us to provide parking in this high volume area with security it is a necessary charge and we do apologize that you feel that it is excessive, we are in the mid range for parking in the area and the biggest challenge is keeping non guests out and patrolling the parking lot for these non guests is one of our challenges. We appreciate you as a guest and we have taken your comments seriously and we hope to see you again!