“What a major transformation in a positive direction!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #23 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for approximately 20 years. We stopped staying at the hotel because the hotel staff that we knew very well left the hotel and the hotel really started to deteriorate. Since then, we decided to stay and were pleasantly surprised as the hotel has been beautifully remodeled and the new hotel staff are quite friendly. This hotel will continue to remain our home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments and thank you for letting us know that we turned your original opinion about us around. We took part in what our brand calls "Project Grow" which was a complete transformation of our lobby. I have worked with the brand since 2006 and I have to tell you that this transformation was great! Modern, enjoyable and comfortable! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to you enjoying us for years to come, welcome back!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

great room, good service; the front desk helped for restaurant ideas; room was big and clean, comfortable beds; would definitely come again if staying in Ybor City in Tampa; close to everything. The pool is clean and a great hot tub; rooms are big; great shower.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and the specific comments about our hotel for future travelers. It helps to see our hotel through your eyes and perspective and we hope to see you back at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed here the night before my wedding and I had my wedding ceremony in the courtyard. All of the staff was wonderful and very accommodating. I was pleasantly surprised at the suite my friend and I stayed in the night before the wedding. It was spacious and very comfortable. The price was great too. The staff remembered my husband and I the next morning and said congrats again. Breakfast was nice and I had an overall wonderful experience.

If you want a small intimate place for a wedding ceremony, I highly recommend contacting Michelle or Raquel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the positive review and the kind words about Michelle, Raquel and our staff. I have taken over this hotel in July and have found the staff to be outstanding and your comments have solidified my opinion! We truly hope that you have a successful marriage and we are glad that you chose our hotel to be the host to your special occasion. We hope to see you on anniversaries to come.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The rooms were nice and the staff was friendly. It is within easy walking distance to 7th Street where the entertainment and restaurants are. The rooms are clean and relatively quiet. I do wish they had told me about the $9.00 fee for parking in their parking lot. The bill was under the door the next morning. I would stay there again but expect to pay for any extras?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel and the specific comments you mentioned about our hotel. It does help to see the experience through your eyes. I personally live by the comments good or otherwise, your perception is our reality and starting at this hotel just in July I am working with the staff and my department managers to see this clearer. We obviously missed the boat in telling you about charging for parking. We have it posted on our website and reservation confirmation, I realize that you could have booked directly over the phone or walked in and I only have limited information about your stay. I will work with the staff to better communicate these charges for future guests, we also give you a display parking pass that you sign for and it seems we missed that also. I do hope that you come see us again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The late night guy was rude, was woken up several times because every time the air comes on it is so loud that it will wake you up, the breakfast buffet was a joke. We waited forever for someone to acknowledge us and then they didnt we had to ask if we should be seated. We sat down and wated forever, finally I asked if someone is going to help us or if we help ourselves and the guy says I thought she was going to help you. Well we go to the bar and get the limited items on the bar but it got cold because we literally had to ask 6 times for silverware. Our food came out and it was all wrong. It was a horrible experience and we are very disappointed!

1  Thank Angela G
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I noticed that this is your first visit and review on trip advisor and the expanse of trip advisor and the severity of your comments are certainly not taken lightly by myself and our staff specifically our restaurant Manager who has reached out to you for further questions that he had about your stay with us. On your initial comments to Hilton you had issues with the cost per night as well, so your other issues have been compounded as you feel that you were overcharged, on the survey you took with Hilton you mentioned that you did not bring up your issue with our staff and all of our staff is trained on our 100% satisfaction guarantee and we could have made things right for you on the spot. It is our wish that you retract your trip advisor comments and contact us directly so that we can rectify your situation. The title alone of your review may affect the decision of other travelers and with the 50 hard working members of our team that rely on sources such as trip advisor to bring customers in and not steer them away. We take alot of pride in what we do everyday and we fell short in your case and we want to turn around your opinion of us. Thank you.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hotel staff was very accomodating and got us in our room early to attend a Bucanneers game. Nice hotel in a great location to walk around Ybor City. Next time we are in Tampa we will definitely stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback about the hotel and the area, YBOR has many attractive qualities and we are glad that you had the chance to experience some of them. I was so glad to hear that you would stay at our hotel again when you came back, customer retention is our goal and we appreciate your feedback and positive comments. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

After a horrific experience at a nearby hotel, Hilton hooked me up with this property....what a difference! This property is close to where the action is on the trendy 7th Avenue of Central Ybor, yet far enough away to get away from the night-time festivities and noise in a relatively quiet, safe neighbourhood.

The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful, taking care of the check-in process promptly & pleasantly. The room is spacious, clean & bright; the pool crystal clear, and very inviting!

So, if in central Ybor City, this is the place to stay: comfort, quiet, near the action and a pleasure...thanks Hilton Garden Inn!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank richiedix

Your review was a breath of fresh air! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and fell in love with the area. YBOR is just great. I was sorry to hear that you had a less than favorable stay at another hotel and I am glad you did not mention who they were as I am sure there was an oversight or bad day. I truly hope that you come to the area again and please say hello next time.