“Hilton Garden Inn Ybor City”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #21 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, only two blocks from the main strip but far enough away that you don't get hear the THUMPA THUMPA THUMPA from the clubs at night. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean, spacious, and (very important) quiet. Also, there's an excellent Irish pub a short distance away with friendly staff and excellent food if you don't want to go too far.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your review and mentioning the areas features. That Irish pub gets many of our people that we refer over there coming back telling us how great it was so I appreciate your feedback and will mention it to the owners over there. We are in a great location and I am glad that you were able to rest. We hope that you come and see us again.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We went to Tampa for the Bar Exam and tried to get a nice hotel not too far away and took a chance on this one--boy am I glad we did. The staff was the best I've seen, the room was spacious and extremely clean, and the business services (fax, print, WiFi) were ALL included at no charge. The breakfast buffet offered was fantastic (a little pricey) and room service was available for dinner (one of the best burgers I've ever had!) at a very reasonable price. I wish we could have stayed another week to explore Ybor City.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank magymay65

I was bowled over by your review and I could not thank you enough for your specific comments and you taking the time out to tell others about how you felt about our hotel. I truly hope that you come see us again and I hope that you did well on your exam!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We loved this hotel! I was looking for a hotel to stay at the night before our cruise departed out of the port of Tampa...this one was perfect! We were able to park the car at the hotel and walk around downtown. Walked to dinner and breakfast in the morning. The hotel staff was friendly and decor was inviting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Leslie G

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review about our hotel and our location. We are in a great area for your described trip and I am truly grateful that you mentioed our friendly staff. Please come see us again on your next cruise out of beautiful Tampa Bay!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Awesome stay. Easy in easy out and loved local amenities. Staff was excellent and very helpful. Stayed three nights and was originally only set up for two, but since everything was good decided to book another night.

2  Thank Chris W

Nobody appreciates your comments more than I do! When you said excellent staff I could not agree with you more. Since I took over this hotel two weeks ago I have found one gem after another, all work hard to ensure our guests are well taken care of and thank you again for making mention of that. I truly hope that you come and see us again.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Everything went well with my business stay. Here for court hearings on 7/24-25/13. Staff allowed me to check in early, made copies for me, gave me soda and Vitamin Water instead of two bottles of water. Management made sure to see that I enjoyed my stay. The only issue I had was that the concrete under the carpet in my room was not even in part of my room. Other than that the stay was excellent as were the chocolate chip cookies that were out in the afternoon.
I would definitely stay here again. Thank you, Wes.

2  Thank lawyerboy7

Thank you for your comments and going out of your way to mention Wes in a positive light, he is truly an asset to our hotel and as the Guest Service Supervisor he sure gives 110% attention to our guests and I am glad that you took time out to mention his impact on your experience. We hope that you come see us again when you are in the Tampa area.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ybor is interesting, to say the least, and this is a great place to stay and see it. Easy walking distance to great bars and restaurants in an historic part of Tampa. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly at all times. Not much more you can ask for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott G
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and staff. As a hotel manager it really does help to get feedback about how our staff is doing and I appreciate you calling us great, it is much to live up to and I really feel and agree with you that we have a great team. I hope that you come back to see us again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Excellent hotel, my stay was very pleasant and the staff are awesome. The hotel was clean and well kept and very pleasing. Recommended to everyone! The area was safe with lots of restaurants near by to eat.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback and mentioning that you felt safe makes me feel good.The area has so many great spots and eating establishments, we hope that you return again!