“Amazing Customer Service”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #20 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel four times and every time I have been completely impressed by their staff and accomodations. We have had a couple of minor issues while staying there and they have always gone above and beyond to accomodate our needs. The location is perfect if you want to explore all that Ybor City has to offer from eclectic shops to their nightlife. We just booked another stay there and plan to continue to visit often! For the rate and location you cannot beat this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank DonnaEChrisF
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is right in the middle of the action! Ybor city offers great nightlife and you are walking distance away from it. The rooms are clean and staff is friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...nice hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank GARY01453
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Right in the heart of the historic distric. They charge for self parking but made a big deal about how they were not responsible for the car. That made me comfortable. Beds were hard. Nothing really outstanding for or against the hotel, i just expect more from hilton.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed the location for a few nights, but there's only so much you can eat!!! Two blocks to the main drag in Ybor City.

Parking is expensive, $9/night - just know you can stay at hotels 10 minutes away without parking charges, but you will have to pay for parking downtown - just depends how much you want to spend down in the area.

I went running one morning - it was a ghosttown running down 8th - easy to check out the area.

Great shopping nearby - IKEA!!

Room Tip: Was very quiet hotel, very pleasant surprise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had mixed feeling about booking this hotel based on past reviews but decided to give it ago.
When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly person behind the desk, checkin was quick and painless and off I went to my room. The room was clean with no issues.. Grounds were kept clean and tidy. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't think I posted last time we stayed, but this visit was a mirror image. Parking a little confusing and it wasn't pointed out upon check in that we would be paying $9 per night for it. It looked like their was a (maybe not as safe) parking place right behind their garage for $3.... We will check that out next time.

Check was super fast and friendly. For $99 per night, the room was awesome. However, this hotel, as with so many others really needs to invest in more frequent deep cleaning or replacement of furniture. While the bedding was sparkling, I did want to put my bags or even shoes on or near the couch or chairs. There is a very cheap portable deep cleaner out there that every single hotel should buy for each of their cleaning carts. Seriously, spend less than a few $100 for each cart, and you could score some 5 stars.

Location is awesome, we love visiting ybor, and the free hotel shuttle rocks. Will stay here again. If I was local, I would bring my portable deep cleaner for the next stay! :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The service was great, the room was nice, nice bartender, great breakfast, everyone was very friendly and helpful. We didnt even get in trouble when we were being a bit loud and obnoxous going in and out to smoke outside.
It is in walking distance to tons of nice bars and restaurants and not too far from airport or shopping. I would definitely stay here again if I was coming to Tampa, which I will be doing soon Im sure, I LOVED Tampa! Very friendly people everywhere we went. No complaints. Ybor City kicks a**!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple