“Unbelievable”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
Ranked #20 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I made a reservation on Expedia back in July for a stay in December. I soon realized that maybe the hotel might have a special for the event we are attending. I called the hotel and spoke to either a front desk person or reservation person (not sure which), and they were very happy to help me with my reservation. I got the room I wanted and even a small discount from what I had reserved on Expedia. They said they would send me a confirmation to my email. I cancelled my expedia reservation after our conversation. I went on with my life...It is 4 weeks away and I have started thinking of my trip. I realize that they never sent the confirmation email. I called the hotel and I am still shaking my head. I was told that they didn't have my reservation and that it was cancelled (the Expedia reservation). I agreed and said that I should have one that I made directly with the hotel. I was told, and let me quote the woman now--"no your reservation was cancelled". I said, "no - I did not cancel it". I reapeated two more times to this woman that they must have made an error because I did have a reservation. I was never apologized to and in fact she was completely rude to me. I told her that I was astonished and glad that I thought to call before arriving and finding out that we didn't have a place to stay! I asked her to make me the reservation that they must have cancelled themselves. Her response, " we are sold out"... Again, no apologies and no offer to help in any way!! Truly the worst service person I have ever dealt with (outside of some airline companies of course). I have never been so angry and upset over the obvious error that this hotel made with no offer to help in any way... I am scrambling to find a room now and have had to change all of my travel plans this evening. I will be writing a letter to Hilton complaining about the rude women who didn't care in the least that they lost my reservation. Still shaking my head in disbelief. Terrible.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Chefskatemom;

I would like to apologize for the manner in which you were treated while trying to confirm your reservation. We strive to provide the best customer service to all our clients and customers at all times whether in person or over the phone. Unfortunately, this did not happen in your case and I am truly sorry. I reviewed the arrivals for the dates I believe you were coming in and I was able to pull up and expedia reservation that was cancelled and also another existing reservation with the same name made in July . I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to find out more of the situation so I may address it with my staff or reservation center. If you would please e-mail me your telephone number to tpayc_gm@hilton.com or call the hotel directly at 813-769-9267. Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was at a lower class hotel and decided to move to this hotel. This hotel as far as location to nightlife and staff and comfort and price for me was one of the finest stays of my life. And don't even get me going on room service, not only is it great but the food came from one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten at . If your traveling to Tampa you have to stay here, I know I will be !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I loved the hotel and location. We wanted to be in close proximity to clubs and bars so this was great. It was also a two block walk to the street car that goes downtown. I would go back for sure. We had an issue with some pounding noise in the morning and complained about this and the hotel offered to take our parking fee off of our bill.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We moved over here from staying at Embassy Suites when attending the Lightning hockey games. This hotel is not that far from the rink and they will shuttle you over there if you ask at the front desk. Rooms are spacious and clean, lots of free parking, pool and in Ybor City, so its very near to the action. The price is very good, I seem to recall a rate of about $100 per night, and this seems reasonable for type of hotel and location. I would recommend however, that they throw in a continental breakfast for guests, that would be very appealing. Right now they have a breakfast spread you have to pay for. The service is good and the staff is friendly. Only one hiccup, we checked in and about 5 minutes later another guest came into our room, they were checked in mistakenly into the same room by the hotel clerk. Honest mistake, but could have been embarrassing...

Room Tip: Ask the front desk if you need a ride somewhere. They have a shuttle and they are only too happy to...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you are visiting Ybor City, this is a great location - within 2 blocks of The Improv. PROs: The room was tastefully decorated, nice fridge and small microwave. The bed was very comfortable and there were high quality toiletries in the bathroom. CONs: There is only one elevator, so you may wait for a while. The A/C in the room was extremely loud.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christina f
Reviewed July 25, 2012

From the time I started to travel, the Hilton name carried a brand/quality that was way above what an average hotel offered. The Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City has a great location, but the air conditioner was super loud, you could not draw the drapes shut, the water pressure in the shower was poor, and the water was luke warm. Not to mention the toilet ran all night! This hotel was not consistent with my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great Hotel, slept comfortably each night and best of all --- could walk every night. Ybor City is a great place any time of day but at the end of the day it was nice to be able to come back to the hotel and lounge by the pool or take a walk down town.
Breakfast wasnt really worth the price but the service was very good.
Desk staff were very nice.
Would absolutely stay here again
(note..... cleaning staff.... you have some sort of water damage going on in the front of the lobby by the large potted plant/couch. Horrible rotting smell and creeping damp in the corner

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business