Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
$135
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$155
$132
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

$159
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

$157
$84
$159
$87
SailportSuites.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$119
$109
$149
$140
$129
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$109
$101
All reviewsgreat locationtwo blockswalking distancerestaurants and barsnight lifecolumbia restaurantnice hotelper nightcomfortable roompleasant staybreakfast buffetwould highly recommend this hotelfront desk staffconvention centercruise portfree shuttlehgi
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in Y'bor for the Rough Rider St. Patrick's Day parade. This is a very nice hotel, everyone is very pleasant, great location, clean, and we love the breakfast here. They not only have a nice breakfast including the usual items, but they will also custom make eggs or french toast on request, included with the room. No charge for parking or internet use, nice for a change, no hidden charges. They have a shuttle, however Y'bor and Channelside are in easy reach. The trolley stop is less than a block away. The hotel is across the street from Centro Y'bor, very convenient when you may have had one or two more than you should. Y'bor is the "party" area for Tampa, there is not much for kids to do here, so I would not recommend it for families, it is great for parades, or a week end out clubbing. If you are coming in to town for the night before a cruise, the trolley runs from Y'bor to the port and the hotels are cheaper than downtown. It is about a 10 minute ride.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We were a group of 3 couples going on a Sunday departure cruise out of the Tampa Cruise Port. We arrived on Saturday to eliminate any stress that may come flying to the ship on the day of departure. The Hilton Garden Inn was picked based on our past experience with the Hilton Hotel family and on the proximity to the docks (about a 5 minute complimentary hotel shuttle ride). When we booked we were not aware of the Ybor Historic District in which the hotel is on the fringe of.

The hotel is what we expected of Hilton; clean and very comfortable. This was our 1st experience with an adjustable type king bed, with each of us controlling the firmness of each side. The A/C, though could've been a bit quieter. 2 out of our 3 rooms were available for early (11 AM) check in, with the 3rd room available a little later. The breakfast buffet had a fair selection to choose from, but I cannot figure out Hilton's buffet philosophy. The lesser priced Hampton Inn, which is a Hilton hotel offers a very decent complimentary buffet. The higher priced Hilton Garden Inn, with the exception of cooked to order eggs, charges $9.95 for the same buffet content. Reasonable for a buffet, but still confusing.

If you're cruising out of Tampa, consider arriving a day early to visit Ybor City. It offers an open air market on Saturdays, a historic streetcar line (which runs to the docks) and a business district which is a cross between Key West and New Orleans. A Florida micro brew beer festival and live bands made it more interesting. Try Hamburger Mary's for a great burger and entertainment. If you're bring wine onboard the ship there is an upscale wine store and a couple of neighborhood corner stores offering wine for anyone's price range and all within walking distance from the hotel.

We would all stay at this Hilton Garden again.

Room Tip: The west facing higher floor rooms have afternoon sun and offer a view of the tops of the cruise ships. My wife and I had a 4th floor room facing the highway but noise wasn't an issue, even when cracking the window open.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiend4Mojitos
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were on foot and had stayed at the Hampton Inn prior to our cruise. Liked this hotel better for proximity to restaurants, the windows open (I smoke), coffee machine, bathroom and its towels.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Amy H
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed two nights at the end of February, celebrating my birthday. it was my first trip to Ybor City, even though I only live 70 miles away. i wanted to stay somewhere with close proximity to bars. this hotel was perfect for that! if ur visiting ybor to party, do yourself a favor and stay here! at the end of the day, i feel like i paid more than the room was worth, but the experience at this hotel was the best part of the trip to ybor, and kinda make it worth it. the room was big, even the bathroom was huge. we had an adjustable bed to control firmness, i didnt notice a difference between firm and soft. the bed was still comfortable (i think i set it on the softest setting). didnt get to check out the pool or the hotel food. regardless of any unfavorable areas surrounding the hotel, the parking lot and hotel itself feel very safe. i saw a security guard each night. room was clean, no bugs seen as previously mentioned. hotel staff was nice enough, then again we didnt have any issues to bring up with them. my iphone got their wifi, which was sweet too! i'd stay here again, if i ever visit ybor again. i wouldnt stay anywhere else. with that said, i doubt i will visit ybot again, because even though the hotel was great, ybor city itself didnt impress me very much. next year for my b-day, ill take the 4 hour drive to savannah, ga!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed here for Girls Night Out, we live in town but did not want to drive home after being on 7th' all night. The hotel is more money than I normally like to spend per night, but location was prefect and the night a special occasion. We had a suite I think; two queen beds and a living room with a sectional sofa. The room was HUGE, felt like a small apartment, we could have partied in the room, but was looking too cute and needed to hit the town. Everything was clean and nice. My only complaint would be I think the bed's sheet and comfortor are one peice; at some point in the night I wanted just a sheet, but I could not find it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends