“Wow! Great stay before our cruise!”

Holiday Inn Express Tampa - Rocky Point Island
Ranked #59 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We chose this hotel because they offered transportation to and from both the airport and the Cruise Terminal. The wonderful, wonderful service they provided was just icing on the cake.
They did a great job of taking care of all transporation(pick up from airport, shuttle to cruise terminal the next day, and airport shuttle from terminal following the cruise) and we were left to simple enjoy our vacation.
Marilyn at the front desk is THE BEST!
We'll definately stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank becka711

Reviewed March 7, 2010

My wife and I and our 9 month old son stayed here on 2/26 after flying in from Buffalo before we continued on to Treasure Island the next morning. We didn’t arrive at the hotel until 11:30pm, and were up and gone by 9:30am the next morning. Our room was small with 2 queen beds and a TV which suited us fine.

We paid $100 for the room with a gift card I got from work. Bottom line, the hotel was fine for what we needed it for (sleep), the free breakfast in the morning was great, but I wouldn’t stay more than a night and I wouldn’t pay more than $80. It seemed most of the people who were there are overnighters before or after cruises.

TIp: The hotel shuttle stopped running around 11pm, and we needed to take a taxi to the hotel. Despite the short ride, they had a $15 minimum. The next morning I needed to use the shuttle to pick up our rental car, and it was great!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeInThornhill
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I stayed here in Feb 2010 while attending meetings downtown.

The location was pretty good. I didn't get a water view room, but that wasn't a big deal to me. It seemed like the mattresses were newer, and I slept well. Breakfast was the typical HI Express breakfast bar, which was fine with me.

The place is DEFINITELY showing its age though, and the elevator wasn't working properly - jumping around, stopping for no reason, etc. The beds shook when someone on the floor closed their door, which was annoying but not enough to wake me.

I've read some of the other recent reviews of this place and it sounds like they stayed at a different hotel. Frequent travelers will see this as a below average hotel in an above average location. I love Holiday Inn, but there are just too many better hotels in Tampa to ever stay here again.

If I could give a 2.5 rating, I would, but I can't.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2010

People were friendly, room clean, nice view of the water and no problems with any aspect

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank MBWesley
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Express check in and out, express breakfast to start your day fast. good service. We'll be back in about 2-3weeks.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My family of 5 stayed here last week and received great service.My son needed to get to a walk in clinic for a ear infection before our cruise and the front desk and shuttle driver helped us so much.Free shuttle from the airport,to Whiskey Joes(nice place to eat as Bahama Breeze next door to hotel had a 2 hour wait)Also free ride from ship to the airport after the cruise(this is the ship to shore package,offered at a special rate)Hot breakfast also very nice as is the heated pool since the temps.. were in the 40s!!!Only negative was the pull out sofa, which we needed for our 5th person,very uncomfortable.So if you need a great place to stay at a fair price with outstanding service,this its it!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank zoemequon_Wisconsin
Reviewed November 16, 2009

When I checked in it was early evening 7:30. The coffee pot in the room had not been cleaned and still had coffee and grinds in the pot. We stopped at the front desk to request a clean one, went out to eat, came back two hours later and it still had not been changed. I had a no smoking room yet the vent in the bathroom was sucking in smoke from somewhere. I kept the bathroom door closed. I had made my reservations on line at a reduced price of 60.00. Due to hurricane warnings I extended my stay there but they would not honor the original room rate. However, it was a pleasant location and had a very nice free breakfast each morning. Staff was friendly. The shuttle to the airport was great. All things aside, I think I would stay there again. And I had a microwave and refrigerator in the suite.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends