“great hotel,good price and outstanding service!!!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Tampa - Rocky Point Island
Ranked #61 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
mequon ,Wisconsin
“great hotel,good price and outstanding service!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My family of 5 stayed here last week and received great service.My son needed to get to a walk in clinic for a ear infection before our cruise and the front desk and shuttle driver helped us so much.Free shuttle from the airport,to Whiskey Joes(nice place to eat as Bahama Breeze next door to hotel had a 2 hour wait)Also free ride from ship to the airport after the cruise(this is the ship to shore package,offered at a special rate)Hot breakfast also very nice as is the heated pool since the temps.. were in the 40s!!!Only negative was the pull out sofa, which we needed for our 5th person,very uncomfortable.So if you need a great place to stay at a fair price with outstanding service,this its it!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank zoemequon_Wisconsin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
maine
Reviewed November 16, 2009

When I checked in it was early evening 7:30. The coffee pot in the room had not been cleaned and still had coffee and grinds in the pot. We stopped at the front desk to request a clean one, went out to eat, came back two hours later and it still had not been changed. I had a no smoking room yet the vent in the bathroom was sucking in smoke from somewhere. I kept the bathroom door closed. I had made my reservations on line at a reduced price of 60.00. Due to hurricane warnings I extended my stay there but they would not honor the original room rate. However, it was a pleasant location and had a very nice free breakfast each morning. Staff was friendly. The shuttle to the airport was great. All things aside, I think I would stay there again. And I had a microwave and refrigerator in the suite.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
North Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was clean, the view of Tampa Bay was excellent. The breakfast bar was OK. We extended our stay and had to do laundry. The dryer did not work and the staff really did not care. A large load of wet clothes and no way to dry them. Other than that, the 3 night stay was fine and I would recommend this Holiday Inn Express and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sanford
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a 7 night stay in July 2009 because I came in for surgery at the Laser Spine Institute. Great location to the LSI and the hotel staff took good care of my ice packs. I had a king bed with a waterview room, and the view was great. We enjoyed watching the young folks riding their wave runners, and just having fun in the water. We used the hotel's pool which was nice, but not that clean. There was no smell of chemicals at all, which I was really concerned about. How clean is the pool if you can't smell any chemicals? Loved the Jamaican music that is played throughout the hotel, including the elevators and pool area.

The hotel rooms are in need of some minor refurbishment, because the bedskirts are wrinkled, and just hanging out of sorts. The bedding was very comfortable and I was able to sleep very well each night. We had a room with no refrigerator, and no microwave to save money. We had to pay for gas, food, $6500.00 toward my surgery, and the hotel cost us $646.24 for the 7 night stay. For the price we paid for this hotel, we can't complain.

The free breakfast was nice, but could use more fresh fruit than just bananas. The lady at the breakfast buffet was really very nice, and we enjyed talking to her every morning on our way to the Laser Spine Institute. There are a lot of waterfront eateries down there within 3 minutes of the hotel. We ate at Crazy Bills seafood restaurant around the corner everyday. You can eat inside or outside, and they have a live band, and you can see people pull right up to the restaurant pier and come up and eat, and get drinks.

This hotel offers free WiFi which I took advantage of. Free shuttle service is included also.

All in all, the hotel could use some minor upgrades and touches to the rooms. Other than that, it was a wonderful stay and would stay again, but would prefer the Westin a couple of doors away next time. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Russell Street in Baltimore. Their hotel is the same as this one, but way, way upscale and the breakfast buffet is the bomb, and has tons of food to offer, and a much larger property too. The Baltimore's Holiday Inn Express costs a little more, but it is worth it when I visit my hometown.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Very nice location close to airport but, without the noise. Very helpful staff all- a- round.
They have nice suites that are really large rooms with a seperate sitting area. Pool area was very nice overlooking Tampa Bay and airport across the water. They also have a good continental breakfast. Also, good resturant next door across parking lot. Just up the street you can rent ski-doos.Most important ,let me have a late check-out as my plane didn't leave till late afternoon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank vickieji
Berkshire
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Staff could not do enough to help up, good location, decent pool, good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed here for one night after a week-long beach (condo) vacation in preparation for our Sunday flight home.

Like all Holiday Inn Express & Suites we've stayed in, this one was clean, had a nice large room with pull-out (for 2 adults and 3 children), nice facilities, and a lovely free breakfast (love their warm cinammon rolls).

This is a fairly no-frills hotel, about a 10 minute drive to off-airport rental car return. The only retaurant within walking distance is Bahama Breeze next door, but across the 60 Causeway is a shopping district with plenty of options.

Good internet access, with a free printer (easy to check-in online and print boarding passes). Small, but clean and warm pool overlooking the Bay (but no hot tub), and a well-equipped fitness room made this a very nice facility and good value.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family