“Location Is All They Had Going” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614-6509 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #124 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Sheffield, Alabama, USA
“Location Is All They Had Going”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We picked this hotel because it is close to Raymond James Stadium, which is where the Outback Bowl is played. The rooms are old and outdated, the carpet is threadbare, and the beds are in serious need of replacement. They ran out of towels on the second day of our stay, and we had to go the Holiday Inn Express adjacent to the Comfort Inn (Both hotels are owned by the same person, we were told). The clerk at the Holiday Inn told me that the Comfort Inn was about to be torn town and replaced with a Comfort Suites. I would not recommend staying at this property until the new building is up and open.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Charles H.

Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay and Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for improvements.

We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with a better accommodation.

Gina S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Knoxville, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here because we were going to the outback bowl game. The room was in the last building, so farthest away from everything. The ice machine was broke so we had to go two building over. The room was old and very dirty and dark! The worst part was finding a used condom by the night stand!! There was little bugs everywhere! I do have to say that the staff was helpful, but I really think we should've got our money back and moved to a different hotel!!! There is a Holiday Inn Express right next to it that had to have been much nicer, as this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! There were no restaurants within walking distance. I do have one nice thing to say about this hotel, the shuttle driver was very accommodating!! He was very helpful in us finding a place to eat!! There are other hotels within walking distance to the stadium...do not stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay, I can't tell you how valuable your comments are to me. I wish you had informed my front desk staff about your dissatisfaction and give us a chance to do some changes on your accommodation.
Please rest assured I take all guest comments very seriously, and use them as a tool to help us get better in every way. We cannot maintain or sustain our business if all our guests have experiences such as yours. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and do hope your next stay will live up to the standards you have come to expect when staying at one of our properties.

Cordially,
Gina S.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

At first time i was a little disconcerted cause the reviews but at the end we stayed on the hotel 26 to 27 and the stay was great. the front desk people were very nice and helpful. If you want to go to a concert near the Raymond James stadium trust me this is your hotel !!!, the nearest of the zone and walking distance. The only bad thing is that breakfast ends at 9:30 when it should end at least at 10 or 11 am,and they don't have a restaurant to have lunch or dinner, but there are a few places to eat at walking distance.If i go to Tampa again for sure ill stay there again.

Room Tip: If ur planing to go for a few days request one with refrigerator cause our didn't have it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 20, 2014

Gina Santiago
Comfort Inn
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked this at the last minute to attend a concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
We got the best rate booking with AAA, but was told that this hotel was not AAA approved. With a 4 hour drive, we wanted a hotel where we could eat prior to the concert. We made this decision based on the information that they had a restaurant. At check in, were told they did not have not had one for over a year. At this point we checked to see if we had other options, as we were so unhappy with the appearance of the motel. This is a 1-2 star motel at best!! Furniture was in poor condition, the bathroom needed major work, carpet and bedding was in okay condition.
A brand new Holiday Inn Express was next door, but booked due to Sunday football game.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your stay at Comfort Inn Tampa Stadium did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and will be considered when making future improvements at our property.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I usually stay at Comfort Inns because they are dependably clean and comfortable. This one is not. It is old and run-down. I have stayed in Super 8 motels that were in better shape. I suppose because it is close to the stadium they rent the rooms but this should not be a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I ended up staying four weeks. I found the people most helpful, gracious, and friendly. I also appreciated that they had a weekly rate that rivaled other hotels, and it included breakfast! I've already told the GM that I'll be coming back for breakfast after I move to an apartment! The hotel is also conveniently located near the airport, stadiums, several restaurants, and several places that offer services for business travelers. The cleaning staff were quick to clean my room and provide me with soap, towels, etc., when I needed them. There were also people who kept the parking lot clean and the grounds maintained.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor because I could open that door and walk out into the parking lot and be at m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding and detailed review. Our team prides itself on the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and we are pleased to hear about your stay and the length of it! Each department on our property prides themselves on their efficiency and a nod from guests are always highly regarded.

We hope that you have comfortably found a new apartment since the time of this review, and expect to see you soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It seems other reviewers really set their standards too high for the modest price they are paying. My husband and I stayed here a brief night earlier this month. It was a simple place to shower and sleep before heading to the airport for our flight back to Atlanta. Out-dated, but accommodating. The only issue we had was a pair of children that seemed to be everywhere from our check-in at the property, business center when we printed boarding passes, etc. I brought this up to the staff and was given a follow up by the manager that the incident would be dealt with accordingly and it was.

The location is good since it's near the RJ Stadium, Int'l airport, and malls. The response from management was very 5* for the 3* accommodations. Would consider coming back during a layover or if my husband wanted to view a game.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple