“Fun Family Time”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #90 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 24, 2010

MY family stayed here andhad a wonderful time.. The hotel employees were very friendly, the room was clean and the breakfast was hot and fresh, we spent most of the day at the pool which was great! THE KIDS LOVED THE PLAY AREA THE MOST!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 24, 2010

I've stayed here a few times and I'm not sure how some of the previous reviews state this place is in a "BAD" location?? It's on one of the main streets of Tampa and right around the corner from Busch Gardens. There are a lot of places to eat within walking distance. (TGIF, Chilis, Jasons Deli, Five Guys, a great Pizza Place called Broadway in Plaza across the street and a First Watch that serves excellent breakfast and lunch) It offers a large pool and a kiddie pool with a pirate ship for the kids to play on and some mini slides which isn't shown in their photos. I never leave reviews about a place but felt it necessary this time because of the previous ones I read. I'm not a hard person to please unlike maybe some previous reviewers. As long as my kids had fun, the rooms offered a nice comfy bed to sleep in after a long day, refrigerator/microwave was in the room which was unexpected, hot shower and TV I'm all set. My room did not smell and appeared clean. Room was on the pool side and I did not hear any pool noise but it wasn't very busy when we stayed. The breakfast was free, but not very good. I don't expect much of anything when it's FREE. We ate out the following day at First Watch across the street. The lounge was not open when we were there. So if looking or needing a nice cold beverage, call and make sure it's open. I'm a middle class citizen and have stayed in high end to low end Hotels. I'd say this place met my standards of a comfortable & safe place for my family to stay and we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank borninnaples
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Stayed with my children to go to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and Mosi. It was convienent to all of these and had a shuttle to get us there! We booked because the rate was very good in the area. It had two great pools an adult and a childrens which was very nice and was landscaped nicely. They also offered a complimentary breakfast this was an added plus while on vacation. The room was clean and for the rate what we expected. The mall was across the street which helped when it did rain. It was a great find. Family enjoyed this very much before heading back to school.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank VacationJim1
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Purpose of visit was to enjoy time with Grandkids ages 3,7 and 11. Site offers game room, lounge, etc. No game room (it rained 2 nights), lounge was small bar.....room was small, dirty and saw many roaches, bugs and beds were not clean. Area wasn't that safe. Bathrooms were old (stained tubs, toilets, shower curtains). Felt like I was at a rest-stop motel.
Was not worth the money (wasn't cheap either).
Please change your website - you have a "kiddy pool" for the young kids and that's it.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because of the price and the proximity to Busch Gardens. The price was in the middle range for the area, and the reviews looked good, so I thought it was a safe bet. In fairness, my point of reference is a typical mid range hotel such as a Hampton, or Holiday Inn Express. Here is the breakdown.

The location: close to everything, but a dangerous area. There are pan handlers on every corner that approach your car at red lights, and two police officers got shot and killed a couple of blocks away on a traffic stop. Pick a different area if you are easily frightened or paranoid. Also, this is a MOTEL; rooms are accessed from the outside, not interior hall ways. If you must stay in this location, this is not the safest choice.

The rooms: falling apart, dated, and very cramped. 80’s decor and furnishings. Everything was old and looked dirty. The staff did a good job cleaning, but the condition (such as the blackened bath tub) was beyond cleaning. We didn’t take our shoes off walking on the carpet. However, the beds are comfortable with clean linens.

The pool: it looks really good and has a cool layout, truly the best part of the hotel. BUT, the water is pretty dirty. We were there for 6 days and it was chemically treated once. Yuck! Even after treatment, there was no typical chlorine smell. Keep your hotel card with you, they walk around and check because “people sneak in”.

The Breakfast: cafeteria style. The food is served to you by cranky employees and you have to show your room card because “people sneak in”. The eggs are runny, the meats are dry. Just gross compared to what you get at other hotels.

The staff: most of them were friendly and helpful. Overall I would not recommend this hotel due to the condition.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank thirt
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed here in order to go to Busch Gardens and see the sights in Tampa.
Their pool area with the Pirate Ship play area was great for the kids & the hotel was conveniently located to get to wherever we wanted to go.
The rooms were nice and clean & the staff was very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank AmyEh
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I took my kids to Busch Gardens and visit to USF. i was greeted & treated like very few places. The staff was attentive and everything i requested was resolved quickly! THANK YOU!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family