“Needs Updating”

Ranked #88 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Homosassa, Florida, United States
“Needs Updating”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Was a decent hotel but does needs some updating. First of all last time I was at this hotel it was back in 2004 when it was a Holiday Inn, I was 14 years old at the time. Doesn't look like it changed too much except they got rid of one of the onsite restaurants & the onsite bar. That and the gift shop sorta like the ones they have at hospitals. The TV's also don't have the On Demand programs and movie feature or the built in playstations that you payed for by the hour. No big deal the Playstation only had a 3 game lineup anyways. Also the Tv's have a 30 channel lineup compared to the previous 13. You don't usually go to a hotel for the TV features to begin with anyways.

Stayed there to go to a Depeche Mode concert on the night of September the 14th. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. I also loved the pool and just to overall appearance of the lobby. However there is a few issues that I feel I should bring up.

Cigerette Burn holes in the sheets in a non-smoking room
Electrical Socket hanging out of wall
Broken and Removed tiles from the hotel pool
Used soap left on top of shower rail
Lid on coffee pot has tendency to spill even when its on tight. I just removed lid and it worked fine.
Hallway outside room was very dirty. There was a dirty plate left out of someones room, nasty.

Breakfast and good and consisted of Grits, Eggs, Sausage and Home Fries. As well as Muffins, Cereals, Milk, Juice, Coffee and Toast. Just like a breakfast at a restaurant.

Place is good for staying the night, the price is also very reasonable considering I payed $53 for the room and just a little over $60 with tax. The hotel was a reflagged Holiday Inn and I'm just hoping the hotel becoming a Clarion Inn franchise and lower room rate wasn't just an excuse to let the property go to dumps. Hotel needs work!

Room Tip: Remove lid from coffee maker.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

had a great time. excellent location. staff was nice and very helpful. would visit there again and take family. also easy to reach I-75 and I-4 will be going back to Tampa soon for business and take in some of the sites. because of its amenities I will be taking my grandson with me who will just LOVE the pool .

Room Tip: for families stay on ground floor facing pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating to not just our wants but our needs. The pool is very nice and attracts both adults and kids. The location is convenient and walking distance to University of South Florida, the mall, Shriner Hospital, Moffitt Cancer Center and close to Busch Garden and Adventure island,

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are quieter, as the pool is very nice and inviting to adults and kids.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
philadelphia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is a dump - plain and simple. It's my own fault... I didn't research it enough before booking. I loved the price and went for it. Lesson learned!! You truly get what you pay for!!
We came here for 2 nights because we were taking our kids to Busch Gardens. I honestly dreaded going back to the hotel at night when we were done at the park. It was dirty feeling, old, moldy bathroom, horrible old beds, and roaches in the bathroom. To add insult to injury, when we got back to our room at 9 pm, we walk in and see that housekeeping never came to make up the room! Unmade beds, trashcans full and used towels in the bathroom. We go down to the lobby with our tired children to speak to the front desk about this and their only response is "sorry but housekeeping isn't here". I ask what they can do for us and I'm told "I can get you towels". By the way, the woman at the front desk was completely unprofessional and gave me attitude in response to my upset over the situation.
Bottom line - do yourself a favor and spend an extra $15 per night to stay somewhere else. Like I said, this place is a DUMP!!

• Stayed September 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Every three months I stay at this Clarion Hotel as I have to spend a day at Moffitt Cancer Center so I travel the day before to get much needed rest. The staff is so friendly and caring I could not imagine staying anywhere else. The pool area is very inviting if not to swim but just to sit and relax. I have recommended this hotel to many and no one has been disappointed.

Room Tip: all rooms I have stayed in are wonderful, poolside is great when you have kids. I like the corner ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jupiter, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best Hotel Across The Street From University Of South Florida. The Location Is Perfect For Staying Grounded or walking across the street for something a little different.Great place for the kids, from small to the college age, even Grandpa and Grandma.One time we brought a few girlfriend with their little dog, NO problem. Great place to party by the pool after a snior softball tournament.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. It's clean and neat surroundings, make you feel comfortable to stay here. I have recommended this hotel to many friends and family. I highly recommend this to many. The parking is great and lots of spacing. The pool area is fun and exciting for family and friends, especially for your kids. I especially love the king size suites with the jacuzzi tub, microwaves, cable television, relaxing chair and desk and table for your lap top if need be and courtesy wi-fi. I had a wonderful time, take my advise you would love your stay here, I recommend the next time you are looking for a great hotel for your stay with family, look no further, here is where to come- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center Fowler Av., Tampa, Fl.

Room Tip: "King Size Suites are the best choice"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo