“Nice stay”

Ranked #90 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
McLean, Illinois
“Nice stay”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. I loved the scenery and the pool. The waterfall and all the trees and plants made it very cool to look at. It was a nice hotel to stay at and I would stay again. They had everything we needed and it is close to a bunch of food places and it is only a couple minutes away from Busch Gardens.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
FLORIDA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As a former travel advisor and someone who has traveled to third world countries, I can honestly say this is the filthiest, most treacherous hotel I have ever stayed in. Our stay was over the 4th of July weekend and all other hotels were fully booked, so we were stuck here with our grandchildren. To begin with, the halls and stairways were dark and filthy--not a week's worth of filth, more like years and years. Filled garbage bags were stacked next to the garbage cans and were not removed during our 3 day stay. The internet service was down. Worse yet, their washing machines were broke so no clean towels and washcloths for anyone. The room was dirty and in disrepair. The pool area is lovely, but the pool should be shut down. My husband is a certified pool inspector and when he told the office of the problems (broken and missing pool tiles making it unsafe to swim without getting cut), they did nothing. The breakfast was disgusting. Hotel workers gathered in the gazebo and around the pool area, smoking and commenting on people in their bathing suits. Please Please do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SandyAway
Englewood, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and that would be enough for me. The rooms were old and we actually felt like it was a Motel 6 room. The bed was hard as a rock and kept digging into my side all night. The microwave didn't work so we could not heat up food we had purchased, resulting in not being able to eat. My husband went to lobby to see if he could use another microwave and there was none, not even for use in the breakfast area! Speaking of breakfast, upon check-in, the desk gives you a breakfast voucher to present to the cook at the breakfast counter. So once you give it away, you can't go back and get another helping or anything extra. And they only have milk and warm OJ...no ice or anything else to drink, but they do have a soda machine there if you want to buy a cold drink! The only nice thing about this hotel was the front desk and the atrium by the pool..nothing special at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

there are no words to describe this experience! After driving for 7 hours with 2 kids and a car full of bags,we checked in a room that looked and smelled like a public restroom. I mean filthy as in " nobody ever cleans" - "nobody ever changes the covers(yes stains on both beds and used sheets) " - the windows are filthy, nasty, with marks and spills on them and the smell was ungodly!
No elevator , so we had to walk an exterior staircase with all our luggage in Tampa- in June- at 95F!!When we asked for another room - we were told that we have to drag our things to the front desk and from there carry them to their other "cleaner" room .The woman at the front desk was rude and had an "I could care less " attitude , yelled at me - hang up on me ... I guess I am lucky she did not slap me for making such a big deal over this "insignificant matter".
for the same amount of money we got a nice place right next to Busch Gardens with an elevator and clean covers . and somebody smiling at the door !

Room Tip: don't ruin your vacation
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tsakalaki-7
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Found this hotel by accident after calling 3 others (all booked). It's not a fancy hotel,but it is very cheap.There was 5 of us. The room had two queen size beds and a couch a med size refrigerator,microwave,coffee machine,ironing board w/iron,alarm clock,hair dryer and a safe.There were two pools one for the kids that had a small pirate ship in the middle with water slides(max. depth 1.5 feet)and a heated pool for the adults.Breakfast was included for all of us(eggs,bacon,sausage,oatmeal,grits,toast,muffins and selection of cereal.Milk coffee and sodas. and all for $60.00 not each total.And it's 1.5 miles to Bush Gardens,they have a free shuttle to and from but it only ran at 10:00am and pick-up at 5:00pm so we took a cab it was only $12.00 since it's so close.Had no problems during the stay with my room or the staff as I stated it's not a fancy place but I've stayed at hotels costing $350 and up a night but for $60 bucks I can put up with decor from the 80's.

Room Tip: Mine was fine, clean and ice cold air.I always check it out real good(I even carry a black light)bef...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Moore Haven, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had a great stay. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again. The location was excellent. We were visiting Busch Gardens and it was very close and easy to locate. The rooms were very clean and we were offered an early check in. At any other hotel when we've asked to check in early they always have a fee, but not here they offered it we did not have to request or pay extra.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennifer t
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Worst hotel experience ever they went as far as to Issue a room key to someone else the morning after we checked in Imagine being woke up in a hotel by a strange person walking in your front door Then after being told they were going to reimburse my credit card after 2 months I still have not had a credit to it yet Supposedly I'll be talking with the manager tomorrow morning There's no way I would ever stay in this hotel for any reason ever again

• Stayed March 2013