“great place, great value”

Quality Inn & Conference Center Tampa
Ranked #96 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay at the Clarion every April. We love to take the kids to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. The hotel is 10 min. away from both. It is 30 min. from Tampa airport so it's really easy to get to. There are plenty or restaurants within a mile or two to choose from. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The price is fantastic. How can you go wrong? The pool is the best part of the hotel. It's big and beautiful. There is a separate kids pool and splash area. It's a gigantic pirate ship with all the bells and whistles. All and all, it's a great place for a family to go, have fun and not spend all of your savings on a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed with Fiancee on tour of USA.

Room wasn't beautiful but it didnt have to be. Basic.

Pool area was lovely, hardly anyone was ever in it and had it to ourselves. Gym was big and again empty.

Location was good, Huge TGI Fridays offering cheap prices and nice munch food a 10 second walk away.

Breakfast was good.

Little free shuttle bus to Busch Gardens (which is awesome!).

Enjoyed Tampa, I felt safe all the time, although when walking at night, don't go down the side streets.

Check out Lowry Park Zoo!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

1st room that they sent us to had someone already in it. The room we ended up with was a tiny room rather than the suite. Boogers on bathroom wall. Black mildew in ice bucket, dust balls all over wall behind bed. Homeless people roaming the property.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Aarondscott
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Right across from the University and close to Busch Gardens and 15 mins. from Ybor City for Cuban and Spanish food. Hot breakfast included in room rate is a steal and a nice upgrade compared to the Continental breakfast at most places. Look at their website and you can get a great rate if it is non-refundable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We almost didn't stay here because we are used to high quality hotels. But we were pleasantly surprised. The lobby and staff were great. The pool was a thousand times better than expected. Nice for the kids. Several restaurant were in walking distance. The free breakfast was advertised as a continental.. but they were serving eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and grits!! Our fav part :)
I will only say, they can make this a top notch hotel if they removed the dirty carpet and replaced with tile: upgrade to flat screen TV's: and upgrade the beds to queens. Other than that, MUCH better than expected :) We will stay again, especially when going to Bush Gardens!!

Room Tip: ask for a room by the pool :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank momster1234
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel three times and always find the pool a great reward to a long day's toil. It is always heated to around 85 degrees (or more). The free breakfast is a reminder of college days where you get a china plate and go through the line and are served a scoop of home fries, hot scrambled eggs, breakfast meat and hot oatmeal and grits. The toast and beverages - to include orange juice and fresh coffee - are self-serve. It is institutional, but good and FREE!

Room Tip: Request Pool Side not Parking Lot
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Greg H
Reviewed November 29, 2012

First off trying to decide between clarion hotel and baymount was a very hard decision for my husband and I. Everytime I called clarion they were VERY VERY VERY rude, didn't have answers to my questions, and rushed me off the phone. I am disabled and I wanted to know if a assessible room was the best option for us and I wanted to know its features. They didn't know what features their assessible room offered other than it had a "big doorway".

What made the decision was the location and the pool. There is all types of variety of food around it literally right across the street. We also needed the shuttle to get to busch gardens. We went to busch gardens the 27th and they hadn't scheduled anyone to drive the shuttle so they ended up paying for our taxi which was very nice.

I was misinformed / not impressed with breakfast. They said there would be bacon and there wasn't any nor has there been any for 3 years. Its suppose to be "all you can eat buffet breakfast" but the servers for the buffet give you very little servings and give you dirty looks if you come up for more. There was only sausage, stale potatos (little squares that weren't good at all) fluffy barely cooked eggs, oatmeals, grits, onions / peppers, toast and dry muffins. It really wasn't inpressive.

I was told that there was a hot tub, but there wasn't. If you get a suite then there are hot tubs in it but when I looked online for booking I seen no rooms that offered that. They said there was a gameroom; appearently they dont have that anymore either. The gym only consisted of 4 machines and it smelled. Theres only 25 channels and many are news channels. The pirate ship pool was suppose to be heated but it wasn't. The adult pool was though so that was nice.

The thing that annoyed me most was there are NO OUTLETS. I wanted to plugged in my laptop and I had to unplug a lamp to get a outlet. The room was alot smaller than I thought it would be. Also in many rooms the chair had a footstole but ours didn't.

We only paid 55 dollars a night though for november 27-28th check out the 29th. So the price was good. I just wish there info was more accurate. Luckly the staff was very nice when we were there; (accept the breakfast servers) unlike when we were trying to get more information. They allowed us early check in at 9:50am :) The bed was comfy, the air worked well but smelled a little and made the room stuffy, the fridge didnt keep things that cold though :( , the shower was amazing! After a long day of walking around the park I wanted a hot bath / shower and the tempature was accuarate and amazing. Overall it was ok for the value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple