“Best Bet for USF Visitors” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)

La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)
Ranked #39 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
South Eastern Florida
“Best Bet for USF Visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Having a son just beginning school at USF, in Tampa, I have tried a few different hotels in the area. This LaQuinta is nearly across from the main way in! PEFECT location to USF. Also - much nicer than others in the area - tropical area, pool, hot tub all outside and very inviting. BEST of all - go on line and find coupons. I saved $15 and was thrilled!

1 Thank BedandB_Baby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

La Quinta generally gets a bad rap, but I have stayed twice at the USF hotel and have had a very nice experience. The rooms are clean and big and the outdoor pool area is very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The price is generally lower than the the other ones in the area. I'm generally a hotel snob and this past the mustard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Spent one night here with our 3 dogs and it was quite comfortable. The room was clean and spacious and the front desk staff was extremely nice. My only complaint was the air conditioning - it most definitely wasn't cooling like it should have been. If you're traveling with pets, I'd recommend this hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

La Quinta Inns along East Fowler Ave, Tampa, Fl. was used frequently while our son was undergoing treatment at a local cancer treatment facility. Our entire family ( including our son's puppy dog ) received the greatest service and we all appreciate the staff at the Fowler Ave location.

Palmetto, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

On June 19, 2014 we stayed here while our son went through orientation at USF, which is near bye. The front desk staff was professional and knowledgable. Initially the room looked clean but as soon as I took my shoes off and walked across the carpet i noticed it was very rough like it needed to be spot cleaned. I took out my trusty black light, which I always travel with.
Upon shining the light on the carpet It light up like a Christmas tree. It revealed a large stain of some type of bodily fluids, then I checked the rest of the room. The French doors leading into the bathroom glowed brightly revealed 2 hand prints, naked to the human eye, on both the doors. At This time phone rang and it was the front desk asking if the room was okay?
I gave a brief description of my concerns, about checking into a possible crime scene. This complaint brought (2) cleaning women up to the room. I showed them all the stains and even let them use my black light to ensure they cleaned up all the bodily fluids.
My wife and I then left them to do their work. We returned two hours later to find the stains still there.
No one from management followed up on the initial complaint. I then reported the incident to the Laquintas web site. The on site manager responded to my complaint with an e-mail saying it was impossible to refund my money but that she would give me a coupon good for a free night.
While I do appreciate being offered a free night stay inside a human bacteria trap. To me this offer plainly means that " We're sorry-but not very sorry" that we allowed you to check into and sleep Petrie Dish.
Now I'm very good sport but really Laquinta is this the way you deal with such a situation?
(Photos uploaded)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank talonsmith
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at a LaQuinta Inn. I have nothing but positive comments regarding this visit. From the time of making reservations to check out, the staff were helpful and courteous. The room was adequate for our needs and I plan to use LaQuinta Inn for future visits to Moffitt Cancer Center.

Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Spent one night here recently. Quick and easy check in. Clean room and property. Comfortable beds. Nice pool area. Lovely landscaping. All for just under $70 per night. Only downside was the breakfast. Awful coffee but then I'm particular about that. Very limited breakfast selections. Very close to Busch Gardens.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo