All reviews busch gardens moffitt cancer center bush gardens usf campus hard boiled eggs pool and hot tub room was clean yogurt waffle maker exercise room adventure island nice breakfast pool area nice place to stay free breakfast short drive the breakfast area
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We ended up staying here because the Wyndham hotel that is adjacent to this one had a ridiculous $250 deposit that had to be paid in addition to the room rate.....crazy!! So nonetheless, we ended up at the here. The front desk clerk wasn't there initially, however, security radioed her and she quickly came. The only rooms that were available with king sized beds were handicapped rooms. This totally wasn't an issue for me, however, she did give me the AAA rate for this inconvenience. The parking lot was very crowded and there was a strange, suspicious looking vehicle in the parking lot. As soon as we got in our room I called front desk and asked if they had security available. They did have security that monitors the lot and front desk had someone check the lot immediately. Now on to the room......as far as space and cleanliness, the room was perfect. The one thing that I did not like is that room was that is was a jointed room and therefore we could hear every single word that was said from the people next to us. The door to the bathroom was torn up......it's extremely hard to close. Overall, I would def stay here again when in the Tampa area.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anetra W
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The best part of this hotel is the location. It is 2 miles from Bush Gardens, and really close to USF. There are many restaurants to close by as well as stores. The rooms are spacious and well laid out. But the entire hotel could use updating. The breakfast is just ok and the area gets very crowded every morning. The hotel is well lit at night and safe. Overall is a good place to stay just don't expect to be amazed.

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Staff friendly. Room and bath cleans. Excellent bed. The carpet is old but clean. Good breakfast and park. Bushgarden in two minutes by car. Not near from downtown. You need a car to visit beaches, park and mall. good restaurants around.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

A good value for a business traveler, this was your typical middle of the pack hotel. There were no major problems, but also nothing that makes the stay memorable. Keep in mind that this a pet friendly hotel, I forgot until the hound in an adjacent room decided to let the floor know he needed a walk.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is located directly across from USF Tampa campus. It was perfect for me and my family as we visited for my daughter's graduation. Located on a main thoroughfare but we still had a very quiet room. Lots of places to choose from to eat and shop in the area. Easy access to freeway. This hotel is different from the other La Quinta nearby - I recommend this one!