We booked a Master Suite for a 2 night stay at this hotel earlier this moth for my family of 5. We checked in and when we walked into our allotted room, we were welcomed by a very strong smoke smell. We certainly wanted a non-smoking room and we called the front desk, the person aplogized and immediately offered us a deep discount for our stay. Besides the discount, the smoke was unbearable and we asked him if we can get an alternate room. Since the hotel was pretty much booked, he rushed with some kind of ventilator and a fan. He said the machine would do the magic and get the smoke out of the room within an hour. We wanted to try it out as it was pretty late in the evening. We stepped out for an hour and came back only to find that the smoke was still there. We decided to vacate the place immediately as it was impossible to stay there, particularly with the little kids. The room charge was credited to our account without any issues and needless to say, the front desk person was very kind, apologetic with this whole thing.
Besides the smoke, the hotel was pretty old run-down look with a very old carpet. The bathroom was clean but doesn't have a door that locked.
We booked Embassy suites, right across this hotel and it was a day/night difference for only $10 more. I chose La QUinta Inn Suites only because of Trip Advisor suggestion as it is ranked 19 out of 159 hotels, which is much higher than Embassy Suites and other hotels in that area. First time I was let down by Trip Advisor's ranking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. is newly renovated and located behind Busch Gardens, adjacent to the University of South Florida (host hotel for most USF Sundome functions). There is always plenty to do here: Hard Rock Nightclub at Seminole Casino, Nightlife in Ybor City, Museum of Science and Industry, Florida Aquarium, Adventure Island, Lowry Park Zoo, Florida State Fairgrounds. Don't forget professional sporting events (baseball, football, and hockey). Walk to a variety of great restaurants, or hit the malls (International, University, West Shore). Guests at the La Quinta Inn & Suites U.S.F. are treated with a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning. Enjoy the heated pool and Jacuzzi and 24-hour fitness center. Rooms are spacious and come with free high-speed Internet access and more. We are in north Tampa between I-75 and I-275, just minutes from the area's renowned Hospitals (Veterans, Cancer Center, Shriner's). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens)
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Usf (Near Busch Gardens) Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta