“Always good!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Thai Thani invites you to experience the bold flavors of Thailand while dining in our warm and relaxing environment. The peaceful surroundings of imported antiques and statues, hand-carved tables and tropical plants, create a most relaxing and romantic atmosphere for your dining pleasure. At the heart of Thai Cuisine are the diverse herbs, spices and flavoring which provide the dazzling array of delicious and exotic tastes which make Thai cuisine so unique. Thai cuisine is meant to stimulate and excite the five taste senses: sweet, sour, hot, salty and neutral. Whether you are a long time enthusiast or new to this incredibly rich cuisine, our culinary creations are sure to delight. Come to Thai Thani and savor the taste and aroma of authentic Thai cuisine while dining in an atmosphere and decor that will transport you to the rich and wonderful culture that is Thailand!
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch there today and I haven't been since a couple of years ago. Last time I was there, it was after a hockey game and we sat at the hibachi grill. Food, service, and atmosphere was great then and it still was today-- even just for a quiet sushi lunch.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Came here after visiting the Aquarium and didn't want to go far. The complex was pretty empty, and the restaurant was also empty. We hesitated sitting down, but the host/server was so accommodating and friendly. They let you order from the sushi menu from the Hibachi place attached. Having these Japanese options was great with three picky kids, and the place was very family-friendly. Our server got our little ones taken care of quickly, so the adults could relax a bit. We had appetizers and six different entrees, all were tasty and done well! I was pleasantly surprised, and it started to fill up after 7pm with a later crowd. I'd definitely come back if in this area.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We've eaten at the "original" Thai Thani in Orlando many times and have never had a bad meal, so we decided to eat here when in Tampa as we thought we would have just as good of an experience. We were wrong.

The restaurant is located in the Channelside Bay Plaza, which appears to have many closed businesses. The restaurant is located upstairs, and we could not find an elevator and the escalator was not working, so up the stairs we went. If you have problems climbing stairs, you will have a problem reaching the restaurant. There is free parking in a surface lot across the street from the restaurant. There is also reduced rate parking in a nearby garage. We dined on a Sunday evening and there were very few customers - At most four tables with no more than three customers per table. I'm not sure if there were few customers due to the location or the quality of their food.

My husband and I shared the crab Rangoon appetizer which was quite good, but that's where it ended. I was disappointed that my favorite item at the Orlando location was not on the menu at the Tampa location, but I got past that as I love Thai food and knew there would be something else that would be good. I had the prawn clay pot and my husband had the double delight that contained chicken and shrimp. Both dishes were greasy. I've had the clay pot dish in several other restaurants, and always enjoyed it. This version had bacon in it which is something I've not seen before, and maybe that is one of the reasons the dish was so greasy.

We were offered chopsticks, which I thought odd as the restaurant has a lot of authentic items as decorations, so I thought they would try to stay true and truly be Thai, and chopsticks are not Thai. Maybe they are trying to "Americanize" their restaurant by offering things Americans like, but in my opinion, the secret to having authentic food is to be true to the cuisine.

We won't be back to this location.

1  Thank UOtterTravel
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We recently went to Thai Thani for lunch. They were out of two items on the kid's menu which were cheese and key lime juice. The portions are large, but with no specials it was expensive. Great decor and options on the menu.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Superb Thai cuisine in a wonderful setting. The restaurant looks a bit big for the customer base, but that means you've got a choice of many, many tables. Our host was so accommodating that he took us outside to the deck; it was a shade chilly and too breezy, and he was more than happy to find us a great table inside with a water view.
The decor is beautiful, with plenty of attention to detail and upkeep. This is many notches above the standard Thai restaurant.
The menu selection is average or better, the prices are reasonable and the quality of our meals was uniformly strong - from satay to fried tofu to a charmingly spicy but still flavorful chicken dish. A definite place to return to on the next trip.