My wife and I stayed at this hotel from February 21-23, 2011 in room 217. Overall we very much enjoyed our stay and found that the hotel provided great value. We paid about $71.00 per night, including fees and taxes.
Check-in only took about 1 minute and the female front desk employee we dealt with was very polite (I forgot her name). The room was of a decent size and very clean. A refrigerator was provided. The carpets in the hallways seemed new, though they were not completely finished remodeling the entire hallway. The king-sized bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. The AC worked well, but was a little noisy. The room did not have a sofa chair, but it did have a desk and desk chair. The room came with a nice flatscreen television with a decent channel selection (4 HBO channels). One thing I liked about the television was that the volume could not be raised above a certain level. That would prevent inconsiderate neighbors from blasting their televisions and waking everyone up. The free wireless worked well.
The bathroom was a little on the small side, though it was nicely remodeled with new floor tiling and granite counter-type walls. The towels were fresh and large. The amenities were standard, but nothing special. A hairdryer was provided.
We ate their free continental breakfast, which was decent, but nothing to write home about. They had fruit drinks, waffle mixes, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, yogurt, oranges, and apples and a clean dining area with a lot of tables. You could also pick up a complimentary copy of USA Today or The Wall Street Journal.
I was particularly impressed with the outdoor pool. Most outdoor hotel pools in the winter months of Florida are not very warm despite a hotel’s claim that they are “heated.” This pool was definitely warm enough to swim in during mid-February, which I did. They had a range of top music songs from the 80’s to present playing on loudspeakers.
Please note that the hotel is difficult to find. It seems to be hidden behind the Days Inn. You need to take a left turn once you pass the Shell gas station if you're coming from the direction of I-4. Parking was never a problem. The hotel had visible security at night, which I liked. The hotel is about a 7-10 minute drive from downtown Tampa and the Hard Rock Casino in the other direction.
My stay was not perfect however. I asked for a late check-out and even offered to pay extra to stay in my room for a few more hours, but they told me I had to be a Choice Hotels member to get this privilege. Consequently I had to wait for my wife for over 6 hours in the lobby of the hotel with a newborn baby after I checked out. However, I had the opportunity to observe many staff members during this time and they were all very pleasant to the guests.
Overall this is a great hotel to stay in if you’re not the type that prefers luxuries. It has a very high Tripadvisor rating because you get a lot in return for the affordable price you pay. Some improvements would be to have a later check out time (11:00 am seems too early) and a more guest-friendly late check-out policy. A hot tub next to the pool would have been great.
Marc T. Hardekopf
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Tampa hotel near Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Tampa's business district, the brand new Quality Inn & Suites is minutes away from the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds and the Port of Tampa. This Tampa, FL hotel is also close to popular attractions and venues like Ybor City, St. Pete Times Forum, the Tampa Convention Center, Raymond James Stadium and Busch Gardens theme park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel Tampa
- Quality Inn And Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
- Quality Inn Tampa