We stayed here recently on an extended weekend trip to the Magic Kingdom and Busch Gardens. We did not arrive to check in until 2am. The doors are all locked by then and you either need a key or to have the front desk let you in. There was someone at the front desk to let us in right away and checkin was quick and easy.
The room and furniture definitely shows its age, but was otherwise clean and neat. We got a great deal on a two room suite that was actually what appears to have previously been two separate hotel rooms with a connecting door. They have turned one of the rooms into a "living" area with couch and coffee table instead of beds, but it does result in the great benefit of having two bathrooms! The great rate, good reviews, and two bathrooms were the major driving factors for booking here and I would definitely return again in the future for those same reasons. The pull-out couch in our room was in major need of replacement and the linens (sheets, towels, etc.) could use replacement soon as well. Nothing seemed "dirty," just aged a little too much to feel totally comfortable. If the hotel took care of the aging furniture, linens, and rooms, I would easily give it 5 "circles" instead of 4.
Staff was always very friendly and offered to bring things to the room when I would call and ask if they had this or that (I always just walked to pick it up myself though, but it was nice they offered). The breakfast was standard for Quality Inn/Suites with the usual packaged pastries, cereals, juice, bananas, waffles, etc.... The location was really good for a combined Disney and Busch Gardens trip. The immediate neighborhood does not seem great, but I never felt concerned for our safety or anything like that. Also, Ybor City is very close and there you can find a ton of restaurants, shopping, and night spots. It would be nice if the hotel had better signage to lead guests in as it is on an almost unnoticeable road that is very easy to miss (even though you can easily see the hotel, figuring out how to drive into it can be challenging).
Overall a great stay and I would definitely check here first for my next visit to the area, especially given the availability of a suite with two bathrooms, which can be difficult to find without paying a fortune.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites, a Tampa hotel near Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds. Conveniently located in the heart of Tampa's business district, the brand new Quality Inn & Suites is minutes away from the Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Ford Amphitheatre at Florida State Fairgrounds and the Port of Tampa. This Tampa, FL hotel is also close to popular attractions and venues like Ybor City, St. Pete Times Forum, the Tampa Convention Center, Raymond James Stadium and Busch Gardens theme park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone and Choice Hotels so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City Hotel Tampa
- Quality Inn And Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
- Quality Inn Tampa