New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“If you need a bed at 2 am it beats the street.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City

Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Ranked #19 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
“If you need a bed at 2 am it beats the street.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well we got into town late and it took the night receptionist 10 minutes to come to the window as the front door was locked. This isn't one of the best part of the city neither. After we got a room basic but clean. We had a drunken fight/arguements going on out infront of our room thru the late night. Just an idea of the people that stay there. Like I said if you just need a bed it will do the job but not family recommended. The lounge connected had some unsavory patrones to add to the mix.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank GibandJenniferGraham
Bobby G, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Our property has 24 hour front desk staff, we donot have a window for check in. We are not connected to any lounge or bar. I believe you are confusing our property with one accross form ours that has a lounge. Our property prides itself in service, safety, and quality hospitality.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Coconut Creek, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you're planning on parking at Busch Gardens vs. wanting to be within walking distance, this is a good place to stay. It's at least $25 less a night then any of the hotels nearer the park and that's for some of the more questionable places. This hotel is right next to the highway, but we didn't have any problem with traffic noise. However, the walls are pretty thin and there is some noise from other rooms that can be heard...not enough to bother me. The surrounding neighborhood is questionable, but we didn't have any problems or feel threatened or worried or anything like that. Breakfast is up to par.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank JiCiT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at quality inn before this one is up on my list, staff was great, rooms were clean and had everything you need for a stay.. I called few hotels but some had bad reviews and other were very pricey this one fit my budget but was surprise when I checked in this place is worth lot more than what they charge, they said they were promoting the business as it was bought by new owners recently, I seriously think you should give this hotel a chance if you are in that area looking for room...

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Prince8220
DELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have stood here before and from the first visit till this visit it has been consistent with the greatest customer service. The staff is great from the front door to the housekeeping staff. The breakfast is great and the room clean I no matter where I going in Tampa this hotel would be the hotel I stay at and will continue.

Room Tip: just book a stay
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rcollazo626
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

By chance I had to visit Fl and I happened to book my reservations through a friends recommendations as I never knew any body there. To my surprise I found that the experience at the hotel was just overwhelming and it was my best experience so far. I have visited so many hotels but none like this one. I would recommend this to all my colleagues and would visit again when I come back to Fl

Room Tip: rooms are too spacious so doesn't matter which one you choose.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank als p
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We were in town for a football weekend and our stay was excellent. We selected this hotel because of the TripAdvisor ratings and it certainly lived up to expectations. Clean rooms and friendly staff including Bobby at the front desk who shuttled us to Raymond James in the company van (brand new) at a fare significantly less than the going cab rates. We'll definitely stay again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike M
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Okay. So last week I visited Tampa Fl on a short notice business trip and I happened to stay in Quality Inn & Suites near Fairground Tampa since I did not book my usual hotel in advance this time. I had to book my room last minute and I was concerned about what I was getting considering the lower price vs. some of the other hotels. But I must say great updated rooms - for a great value and I was pleasantly surprised what I got for what I paid!The hotel staff were very friendly and kind. The rooms, hotel, pool, were clean. I felt safe, at home, and welcome. My neighbors were kind and courteous. The dining area/restaurant was welcoming and comfortable. I had a wonderful conversation over breakfast and didn't feel crowded or rushed. I visit Tampa often. Next time I will visit Tampa I am definitely staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business